Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon Echo / Alexa music

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Hmm, as the train timetable has nothing whatsoever in common with actual time, I wonder how useful that is (assuming you use Southern)

I do and I can fault Southern with a lot of things........an awful lot.....but to be fair to them trains in the morning leave my station pretty much as per the timetable. But I am the second stop on the line so it's very hard for them to balls that up. What time it gets me to London Bridge or home in the evening well that is completely in the hands of the gods I'll give you that.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Love mine, and just upgraded to the £3.99 a month for 40 million tracks on Amazon Music.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I do and I can fault Southern with a lot of things........an awful lot.....but to be fair to them trains in the morning leave my station pretty much as per the timetable. But I am the second stop on the line so it's very hard for them to balls that up. What time it gets me to London Bridge or home in the evening well that is completely in the hands of the gods I'll give you that.

I commuted from Shoreham to London Bridge for 25 years, so my Southern "experience" is extensive

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many do you have?
3 so far. I'm not planning on getting more until there are better versions out though. The google chromecast audio has a digital out and ethernet in, both additions I'd like to see for the Dot. Or maybe I'll switch to a google version in the future.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
I bought mine to be able to play music through my hi fi, which had become pretty much redundant. It does that well and also use it to control hue lights. Thought Alexa was being a stroppy cow last week, but then realised I had turned upside down when unplugging from Hi Fi.??? For £50 it is fine and sure there will be new things to use it for as it develops.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Having read this thread a couple of days ago i went out and bought one, the big tall one with a speaker, plugged it in set it all up and was working great in that it could see my music for my iphone and played anything from it i asked.
Today it just keeps telling me it cant find anything i ask for.only telling me i can sign up for 30 day free trial then £3.99 a month. don't want that just my own musi from my phone.
I don't remember in the setup telling where to look for it.
What have i not done?
Also i assume you can connect more than one phone ! seems obvious but cant see it written anywhere that you can.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
3 so far. I'm not planning on getting more until there are better versions out though. The google chromecast audio has a digital out and ethernet in, both additions I'd like to see for the Dot. Or maybe I'll switch to a google version in the future.

Are you able able to stream simultaneously to multiple dots? Reading online it appears not, something that chrome cast audio can do.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If not interested in music streaming sites are these useful for anything else ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If not interested in music streaming sites are these useful for anything else ?

It can tell you the weather in Anchorage next Wednesday, without you having to type a thing

tenor.gif

kjgood

I have mine linked to my Spotify account and it works fine with the differing playlists I have. Tried the trial Amazon music thing but just prefere spotify as I also use it with my computer and decent sound system when playing bass. Just a matter of preference linking to either works well.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have mine linked to my Spotify account and it works fine with the differing playlists I have. Tried the trial Amazon music thing but just prefere spotify as I also use it with my computer and decent sound system when playing bass. Just a matter of preference linking to either works well.
I have mine linked to Spotify too, and it plays through a stereo. When it's playing, I can switch the music to the PC (so no longer using the Echo) or back. I can also use the Spotify app on my phone to get it to play.

Are you able able to stream simultaneously to multiple dots? Reading online it appears not, something that chrome cast audio can do.
Only if they're set up on different accounts I imagine.

I'd like to be able to play different music in different rooms (at the same time), so presumably I need each Alexa on a different amazon account linked to a different Spotify account? That's going to be annoying. I imagine that would mean that your phone app will only work on one Alexa.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here