Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    We already had a couple of dots in the house and I was going to buy a new sonos play 1 for the bedroom (We already have a play 5,3 and 1) but when the Echo came in at 80 this week I couldn't not buy one. Half the price of a play 1, sound quality is almost the same and we now have alexa covering pretty much the whole house. Be even better when they had native support for Sonos.
    I'm Bored!!!!!! Entertain me

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Sorry Bozza, but my Dot is fabulous as well. the joy on my 3 year old's face when it played his music choices, the horror on my wife's face when he learnt how to turn the volume up. the early promise of all the things it can do. I now want to get sockets and switches to automate my house.
      You put your left leg in, your left leg out.

In, out, in, out and shake it all about...............
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      forgive the not reading through 120 odd posts beforehand, but i have a simple question - do you have to call it by name (Alexa), or is there a way to make it less cringy?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Normal Rob View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      forgive the not reading through 120 odd posts beforehand, but i have a simple question - do you have to call it by name (Alexa), or is there a way to make it less cringy?
      App settings. You can call it Amazon, Echo or Computer.

So no, not really!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Had Alexa for a couple of days now and I've not yet found a great use outside of playing Spotify. Which in itself is brilliant of course.

My other half, in a drunken state, managed to enable a Skill which makes the Echo respond when you meow at it. Naturally it responds with a meow. I'd long since gone to bed and woke up to what sounded like a strangled cat chorus only to bumble into the living room to find her sat in front of the Echo meowing at it. Most bizarre.

0 Not allowed!
      The Echo is back down from 149.99 to 99.99 for those sitting on the fence still:

Black: http://amzn.to/2wYXwIc
      White: http://amzn.to/2w83Ks7

Are recent buyers still happy? I have some Amazon gift vouchers I could spend on one right now (to make up for iPhone disappointment)
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Are recent buyers still happy?
      Of the Echo Dot, yes.

I have some Amazon gift vouchers I could spend on one right now
      Do you not already have an Echo of one flavour? I imagine the larger version (in your link) is ok if you don't need much from the sound. You have Sonos speakers though, right? You could link an Echo Dot to them.

(to make up for iPhone disappointment)
      Eh? Do you mean the price?
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Of the Echo Dot, yes.

Do you not already have an Echo of one flavour? I imagine the larger version (in your link) is ok if you don't need much from the sound. You have Sonos speakers though, right? You could link an Echo Dot to them.

Eh? Do you mean the price?
      We are echo-less, but have several Sonoses. I can't find anything that suggests the Echo/Dot can integrate with Sonos 1s and 3s, which is what we have yet, eg: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answe...lexa-and-sonos

My iPhone waffle is on the iPhone X thread!
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      We are echo-less, but have several Sonoses. I can't find anything that suggests the Echo/Dot can integrate with Sonos 1s and 3s, which is what we have yet
      Ah ok, so it's just not available yet. No guarantee it will be, but they have been trying for a good while.

If you want the Echo to be in a room where you don't currently have speakers, it'll do a job, but it won't you won't want to listen to music on it if your speakers are also an option. You could grab one for the novelty and then move it to another room if they ever fix the echo/sonos pairing.

That link you gave is how I link my Echo to my 20th century hifis, so not what you ideally want with the clever Sonos.

My iPhone waffle is on the iPhone X thread!
      I'm on it
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      They had the Alexa advert on the tv last night and my dot was woken up by it, thankfully it didn't place an order for coffee (or whatever it was they were purchasing)
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter