Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever bumped into an ex player on holiday?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Brain Bromley in a Guest House in Newquay and the entire team in a Plymouth hotel my brother inlaw thought it was Brighton youth team when he saw Leon Knight.:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The entire Brighton squad at Gatwick airport when I was going to Ibiza, and they were off to one of the Spanish pre-seasons.

Had a photo with Poyet, Tanno, Brez, Ankergren, who were all having a coffee. Most of the players were shopping but left them to it

We flew out to Portugal with the squad for their pre-season tour, going to the matches as well. They were all fairly chatty.

Around three years ago, I was on the bus going to work, when Kerry Mayo got on. I'd met him once or twice at events at Withdean, so he recognised me (get me!) and came to sit next to me. We chatted away for the twenty odd minute journey.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I met the entire Morecambe FC Team and back room staff about 4 years ago in a “Holiday” Inn in Aylesbury. They were playing Wycombe the next day. We were having our Christmas knees up in the hotel and I sat chatting to one of their coaching staff about football well into the wee small hours while we all got smashed. Lovely bunch, ended up with a nice black away kit. Had a soft spot for them ever since.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We flew out to Portugal with the squad for their pre-season tour, going to the matches as well.

Around three years ago, I was on the bus going to work, when Kerry Mayo got on. I'd met him once or twice at events at Withdean, so he recognised me (get me!) and came to sit next to me. We chatted away for the twenty odd minute journey.

He's great,he defo likes a chit chat..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The entire Brighton squad at Gatwick airport when I was going to Ibiza, and they were off to one of the Spanish pre-seasons.

Had a photo with Poyet, Tanno, Brez, Ankergren, who were all having a coffee. Most of the players were shopping but left them to it

Not quite the same situation. This is more do you say something and then risk the rest of the week looking a plum because we're sat next to at dinner etc. Very small resort, in middle nowhere. I have everything to gain and loose as we say on NSC ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We flew out to Portugal with the squad for their pre-season tour, going to the matches as well. They were all fairly chatty.

If it were Kerry I'd have no qualms about going up to because he is known as THE most approachable, likeable and down to earth bloke. Plus a ginger GOD!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tell the wife and let her handle the situation.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A bloke came into my pub to book a table for Sunday lunch, gave his surname as Cusack. I asked him if he was related to the (then) Swansea manager Nicky Cusack....well you can guess the rest.

:facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
LEAVE the GAGS to me in future
Shouldn't you be starting a thread about trying to enjoy your holiday while some middle-aged sad act keeps staring at you?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Gary Stevens on a train from Tunbridge Wells, I was going to Millwall and he was off to a TV or Radio station to do some pundrity.
We spoke all the way up to London about the obvious.

Also met Malcolm Allison in a bar in Yarm, he was totally smashed and when he asked me(we were both sitting at the bar) who I supported he rolled his eyes and totally dismissed us.
When it was time for him to go a young lad appeared and helped him out of the bar, which I found odd because this lad never spoke to him all evening but was there all the time to help him like a body guard.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've never bumped into an ex or, indeed current, player on holiday or anywhere else.

I'm intrigued by this though, as I've bumped into quite a few current or former cricketers. The question is: do I go to places where cricketers go and not footballers? Or is it that I'm better at recognising cricketers - I could well have met footballers and not know who they were?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just the one! :D

Back in the day :lol:

mac.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here