Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell looks likely

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What do you base that on, a hunch?

i admit i have only seen him play a few times, Norwood and Stephens have been stand out performers in the Championship for a long time now

Therefore I dont think its unfair to say Towell is not in there class as yet. He may well get to that level. I hope so.

Get him out on loan, get him sharp and then he may just get nearer those other guys

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Compared to playing an entire season against Championship opposition, it's not really the same is it?

thats not the comparison is it. He's just come back from injury and has performed well in a couple of recent u23s matches. Obviously not comparable to a completely fit Oli Norwood, but think most would agree that Hughton must be thinking he's on the fringe of the 18 for the first time since he's signed especially with Kayal still out and Manu out of favour. That said he's going to have do extremely well or rely on injuries to be playing first team football soon. I guess a loan is inevitable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ideally I'd like to see him loaned out to a gubbins Championship club such as Blackburn or Barnsley in January, get some proper competitive regular football under his belt at this level and see if he's got what it takes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If he needed to go out on loan I would prefer it to be a lower level Championship side to get experience playing against better sides than League One opponents.

If Stephens for whatever reason is let go in January (anything can happen!) then obviously we need to keep Towell.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
thats not the comparison is it. He's just come back from injury and has performed well in a couple of recent u23s matches. Obviously not comparable to a completely fit Oli Norwood, but think most would agree that Hughton must be thinking he's on the fringe of the 18 for the first time since he's signed especially with Kayal still out and Manu out of favour. That said he's going to have do extremely well or rely on injuries to be playing first team football soon. I guess a loan is inevitable.

Well yes, it was the comparison wasn't it, especially once you tried to validate the credentials of the u-23's league. I wasn't writing Towell off, merely pointing it that it's a touch excitable to rate him ahead of a Championship TOTS player.
What you need to do is learn to not be so precious about absolutely everything Albion related, saying Towell isn't at Norwood's level is entirely different to saying Towell is crap, capiche? I admire your one man crusade, but in all honesty a lot of it is absolutely te pointless.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Well yes, it was the comparison wasn't it, especially once you tried to validate the credentials of the u-23's league. I wasn't writing Towell off, merely pointing it that it's a touch excitable to rate him ahead of a Championship TOTS player.
What you need to do is learn to not be so precious about absolutely everything Albion related, saying Towell isn't at Norwood's level is entirely different to saying Towell is crap, capiche? I admire your one man crusade, but in all honesty a lot of it is absolutely te pointless.

What is TOTS?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Can't see how he can get in the team with rosenoir and kayal back by Christmas too. Would be good to let him out on loan until the end of season with a recall clause (if that's allowed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

If a thread discussing my not very insightful armchair thoughts of one midfielder's merits vs another is out of bounds for posters, then NSC might as well pack up for Xmas :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Bang on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here