Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

Who do you consider Brighton's biggest rival for second spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Villa's form might be great, but they have a long way to catchup. today the pressure is from Reading, but who knows if they can sustain it. and the rest of them have a big gap already.

so the answer to "biggest rival to 2nd spot" is Newcastle, with us taking 1st :cheers:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Reading. Even if we have a bit of a wobble, I think we're far enough clear of Villa to keep ahead of them. Reading were tough when we played them earlier in the season, they have bought into Stam's way of doing things and have probably the best central midfielder in the division on loan to them.

Who's on loan to them?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's still too early to say. So my answer would be 'All of them'.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think you can discount Blues and Hudds, but all the rest are a potential threat (including Norwich who will get over this current spell of bad results). We are fortunate Villa and Derby have so much ground to make up.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Providing their owner doesn't do anything silly I've gone for Leeds as I believe Monk is a good manager.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Fulham have beaten Newcastle & destroyed Huddersfield. They outclassed us massively on Saturday. They could find some form and threaten, especially if they sign a class striker in January, imagine how good they'd be this season if they'd kept McCormack and Dembele? Another to watch is Birmingham, they have amassed a good points haul so far.

Fulham have improved BECAUSE they got rid of McCormack. Football is a team game. I agree they are a decent striker away from being a very good side, but there isn't a fan in the country who thinks a proven goalscorer wouldn't transform their prospects.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
As it stands I think Fulham or Reading (who meet next week) and are both on the rise. However the Championship is such a difficult league to predict. Virtually anyone can beat anyone else, And where a couple of weeks ago I'd have thought we were all fighting for Runners Up, Blackburn have thrown a spanner in the works, just to remind us, and Toon what a slippery slope we are on. I'd not risk money at Odds On for Newcastle to win this league.

Incidently we are 1/2 On to get promoted with Bet365.... Feckin Insane!

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am split between Derby and Villa and plumped for Derby. I think that Reading will blow up as they were very lucky against Bristol City, who would have got a draw if it wasnt from an exceptional display by Al Habsi.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Providing their owner doesn't do anything silly I've gone for Leeds

That's your flaw right there :)

I've gone for Reading as there's a bit of a history of an unfancied club taking a top 3 spot in the Championship. I remember people saying that we couldn't sustain it last year and I can see Reading doing the same

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's your flaw right there :)

I've gone for Reading as there's a bit of a history of an unfancied club taking a top 3 spot in the Championship. I remember people saying that we couldn't sustain it last year and I can see Reading doing the same

I'm with you on Reading. They have proved time and again that they are a solid PL/Championship yo-yo side and the lunatic nature of Leeds means that they are always just on the edge of an implosion whereas when Reading get going they can become something of a machine, grinding out results even when playing badly.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I went Derby -but it'll be a highly competitive league as always. I'm guessing we will have a blip at some stage. Still wouldn't rule us out for title though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still Norwich for me but that will change if they don't taken12/15 points in next 5 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here