Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 million pound bonfire

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
think McClaren saw himself as London's Andy Warhol, but he didn't have the talent or the empathy. I admire Westwood though

They came as a couple. Hard to admire one and not admire the other IMHO. Very little doubt that Malcolm McClaren lit the blue touchpaper on proper UK Punk. Without the lurid headlines and - more importantly - an underlying attraction to a disaffected youth, it would have been one damp squib. IMHO, like.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I suspect the only person who thought that pile of shite was worth £5m was McLaren Jr, desperate to get some publicity for himself.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
They came as a couple. Hard to admire one and not admire the other IMHO. Very little doubt that Malcolm McClaren lit the blue touchpaper on proper UK Punk. Without the lurid headlines and - more importantly - an underlying attraction to a disaffected youth, it would have been one damp squib. IMHO, like.

I don't find it hard at all, there's a lot more to VW than the punk thing. I went to an all day punk concert in ..... Croydon (oooppphs) 1976, it was disgusting, gob, piss and beer everywhere, blocked toilets and fornication. I didn't really get the disaffected youth bit, guess I was too young with nothing to be angry about :mad:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Surely there are cheaper ways of saying, "Look at me"?

Many!

Tyres burn nicely.

french-rail-strike-afp_650x400_81464686081.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Does anyone believe some boxes of unsold merchandise are worth £5m. Haha!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It was supposedly in response to the 40th anniversary events. I went to a number of the events around this held at the British Library (Viv Albertine, Buzzcocks, Jon Savage..) and they weren't a marketing ploy but a serious attempt to look at the causes and impacts of a key political, social and cultural event. The related exhibition was put together by 2 people that had been around at the time and really knew their stuff. Burning things is rarely a positive thing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I never got Punk and still don't , it always seemed to be lots of angry, skinny people shouting.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I never got Punk and still don't , it always seemed to be lots of angry, skinny people shouting.

reckon you did get it...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be fair punk seems to be about being a bit stupid and reckless, so this fits in quite nicely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't find it hard at all, there's a lot more to VW than the punk thing. I went to an all day punk concert in ..... Croydon (oooppphs) 1976, it was disgusting, gob, piss and beer everywhere, blocked toilets and fornication.

Ah, the good old days! Used to go and see bands at the Fairfield Halls, or more usually at the Greyhound pub. That was always interesting.The gigs were held in an upstairs hall and punks were banned from pogoing as the building was somewhat old and creaky and the floor was in danger of collapse :lol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Ah, the good old days! Used to go and see bands at the Fairfield Halls, or more usually at the Greyhound pub. That was always interesting.The gigs were held in an upstairs hall and punks were banned from pogoing as the building was somewhat old and creaky and the floor was in danger of collapse :lol:

don't remember negotiating any stairs, do remember Generation X were there and an unknown local trio The Cure (Think RS wondered what the hell he was doing there!)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is he from Croydon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here