Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I must admit many years ago i heard about a well known player then manager who allegedly interfered with young players, i wonder if his name will crop up.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by adub68 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      While clearly have huge sympathy for all of these victims am appalled by the fact that the football industry is "surprised" by all of this as new news. Link below to a C4 Dispatches documentary from 1997 - Football's Foul Play - that discusses Bennell and others including the claims regarding Southampton that were reported as new news only this morning - including an interview with the same player .

Just watched this video, it's a shame it took players nearly 20 years to talk about it in mass. Interesting that Bennall coached Gary Speed as well.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
      I must admit many years ago i heard about a well known player then manager who allegedly interfered with young players, i wonder if his name will crop up.
      Is this the same person who may have been hit over the head with a baseball bat in retribution...
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

0 Not allowed!
      Crewe Alexandra football director Dario Gradi is to be interviewed by the FA over claims he "smoothed over" a complaint of sex assault by a Chelsea scout in the 1970s.
      A former youth player at Chelsea - where Mr Gradi was assistant manager - says he was assaulted by chief scout, Eddie Heath, when he was 15.
      He told the Independent Mr Gradi visited his parents at the time.
      Mr Gradi says he did nothing wrong and that he will help in the FA's review.
      Heath, who has since died, has been accused of abuse in the 1970s and 1980s by several people.
      The FA - as part of its widened review into child sex abuse allegations - expects to question Mr Gradi after the Independent reported that in 1974 he went to see the parents of a youth-team player at the club about a sexual assault.
      The former youth player - who cannot be identified for legal reasons - told the newspaper: "He [Mr Gradi] came to visit my parents and me to smooth it over.
      "I remember him saying something like: '[With] Eddie, [football] is his life and he gets a bit close to the boys. I'm sorry if he's overstepped the mark in his fondness this time.'"

Eddie Heath worked as a football chief scout in the 1960s and 1970s
      Chelsea is not known to have taken any action against Heath.

Sounds like Dario Gradi knows more than he is letting on.... possibly

0 Not allowed!
      There are now 83 suspects and 98 clubs involved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-3826087...source=twitter
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Waiting for this too be branched out into other sports... its going to be endless sadly.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      Super Moderator

0 Not allowed!
      50 years of cover-ups, bullying, secrecy, embarrassment and shame... all coming out in one flood... this is going to be brutal.

"There are now 83 potential suspects and 98 clubs involved in the inquiry into child abuse in football, police chiefs have said.
      The investigations span all tiers of football, "from premier clubs through to amateur", the National Police Chiefs' Council (NPCC) said.
      Police forces across the country are continuing to receive calls, it added.
      The NPCC's lead for child protection said the allegations were "being swiftly acted upon" by police.
      Of the identified victims, 98% were male, and the age range of potential victims at the time of the abuse was between seven and 20, police said.
      A total of 639 referrals had been received from the NSPCC helpline and directly from police forces.
      The FA is supporting a hotline set up by the NSPCC. It is available 24 hours a day on 0800 0232642."

83 is the tip of the iceberg

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by adub68 View Post
      While clearly have huge sympathy for all of these victims am appalled by the fact that the football industry is "surprised" by all of this as new news. Link below to a C4 Dispatches documentary from 1997 - Football's Foul Play - that discusses Bennell and others including the claims regarding Southampton that were reported as new news only this morning - including an interview with the same player .

How is it, irrespective of the issue, there always seems to be a Dispatches documentary that predates 'the shocking truth' by 20 years.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
      Crewe Alexandra football director Dario Gradi is to be interviewed by the FA over claims he "smoothed over" a complaint of sex assault by a Chelsea scout in the 1970s.
      A former youth player at Chelsea - where Mr Gradi was assistant manager - says he was assaulted by chief scout, Eddie Heath, when he was 15.
      He told the Independent Mr Gradi visited his parents at the time.
      Mr Gradi says he did nothing wrong and that he will help in the FA's review.
      Heath, who has since died, has been accused of abuse in the 1970s and 1980s by several people.
      The FA - as part of its widened review into child sex abuse allegations - expects to question Mr Gradi after the Independent reported that in 1974 he went to see the parents of a youth-team player at the club about a sexual assault.
      The former youth player - who cannot be identified for legal reasons - told the newspaper: "He [Mr Gradi] came to visit my parents and me to smooth it over.
      "I remember him saying something like: '[With] Eddie, [football] is his life and he gets a bit close to the boys. I'm sorry if he's overstepped the mark in his fondness this time.'"

Eddie Heath worked as a football chief scout in the 1960s and 1970s
      Chelsea is not known to have taken any action against Heath.

Sounds like Dario Gradi knows more than he is letting on.... possibly
      Seems he does know more then....
      Everything Must Change Beach Hut's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Dario Gradi suspended from duties by the FA, there will be a horrendous ending to this however what happened can never be justified in any way.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !