Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior's Yuletide tonic for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7
Liam Rosenior was injured at Reading in August

/ Andy Naylor , Chief sports reporter

Albion's lucky charm Liam Rosenior is plotting a Christmas comeback to the promotion push.
The utility player expects to be back in contention for the festive fixtures after a positive bulletin on his recovery from an ankle break and ligament damage suffered at Reading in August.
Rosenior, never on the losing side in the 31 Championship matches he has started for the Seagulls, has been given the all-clear by the surgeon who operated on his ankle to step up his rehab.
He said: "I'm looking at maybe three or four weeks now, which is fantastic. I've started running and all the hard work is paying off.
"Hopefully I can help the team get somewhere special, which is the Premier."
Rosenior was ruled out for three months last season by a knee injury as Albion were pipped for promotion by Middlesbrough.
The 31-year-old, speaking to Albion Roar, said: "I had a bad injury last season as well, which was really difficult, because we were at a good stage where we were pushing again.

"It's really difficult mentally to come back and believe you are going to get back.
"So far so good and the fact that the team is doing so well makes it easier for me on the touchline to watch and enjoy how well the players are playing.
"Hopefully later on in the season I can help us get over the line."
Rosenior has featured in 17 wins and 14 draws as a league starter for the Seagulls since signing on a free transfer from Hull two summers ago.
He is on course to be involved in the January 2 rematch with Saturday's visitors Fulham, where he spent four years in the Premier League playing under Chris Coleman.
Yann Kermorgant, the striker responsible for Rosenior's injury in the closing stages of the 2-2 draw at Reading, has been sidelined from their promotion challenge by a chronic knee problem.
Reading have climbed to third in the table, four points below Albion.

[h=4]Promoted stories[/h]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here