Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The rise of the far right

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Unfortunately it's now happening. The far right fascist (I don't buy the 'alt' disguise) movement now has power, and it could easily gain more momentum here if Farage gets more influence.

Obviously the left are worried, so I'm asking you UKIP and conservative voters on this board bothered by this?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Unfortunately it's now happening. The far right fascist (I don't buy the 'alt' disguise) movement now has power, and it could easily gain more momentum here if Farage gets more influence.

Obviously the left are worried, so I'm asking you UKIP and conservative voters on this board bothered by this?

Oh deep joy another thread about Brexit, UKIP & nationalism just what NSC needs..

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
In the English speaking western world its the left who have shown themselves to be the more violent and destructive of the two extremes so less worried about the right than the left.

Although when you include Islam in there as a far right ideology it gets murkier.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As a average bloke trying my best to bring up a young family it does concern me. What is the end game of all of this, is this REALLY the life that people want?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

I would be bothered if I thought you were not over reacting. As I think you, and some others, are having a bit of a paddy about nothing except not getting your own way for once, then no, I am not bothered.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You should check out all the destruction and violence caused by the racist group black lives matter. It's far scarier than the guys you linked.

Feel free to start your own thread rather than derail this one.

You would concede that, removing this from whataboutery for one second, it is a little concerning to see people 'sieg Trumping' unchallenged in a supposedly semi-respectable policy forum.

I'll await your latest 'whatabout' with quiet resignation.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Feel free to start your own thread rather than derail this one.

You would concede that to remove this from whataboutery for one second, it is a little concerning to see people 'sieg Trumping' unchallenged in a supposedly semi-respectable policy forum.

I'll await your latest 'whatabout' with quiet resignation.

I see two hands raised and a bunch of people clapping. Personally i'm not triggered by a minuscule amount of people making a dick gesture.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Did you listen to the speech?
Online radicalization is now as much about extremist right wing ideology as it is about extremist Islam
And the two share a lot of similarities.
Yes this is a very worrying trend as is the rise of radical Islam. It will be challenged and it will be defeated, but not if everyone shrugs and say 'that Corbyn is just as bad'

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I see two hands raised and a bunch of people clapping. Personally i'm not triggered by a minuscule amount of people making a dick gesture.

Personally I find it abhorrent to see one person making that salute, it being representative of a period in history which saw the attempted state sponsored, systematic eradication of an entire group of people.

It's disgusting to see people doing it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It worries me greatly that along with some distgurbing far right groups emerging, Trump has been filling the corridors of power with people even more disturbingly right wing than himself, such as Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannon, MIchael Flynn, Bizarro Ben Carson etc. Alongside, Trump's hardly emphatic exhortation to far right folks not to carry out any violence and the fact that he doesn't seem to go to any great efforts to distance himself from practically anybody who can form one extra rung on the ladder up to Trump as Ultimate World Leader (in his head, at least).

See the left can 'whatabout' too :)

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
In the English speaking western world its the left who have shown themselves to be the more violent and destructive of the two extremes so less worried about the right than the left.

Although when you include Islam in there as a far right ideology it gets murkier.

You may be right, the far left may be currently more violent, but what do you consider more dangerous long term; the insidious return of Nationalism to mainstream politics whipped up by a popular media, or the overt violent behaviour of a few of the far left?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You may be right, the far left may be currently more violent, but what do you consider more dangerous long term; the insidious return of Nationalism to mainstream politics whipped up by a popular media, or the overt violent behaviour of a few of the far left?

More forecasts, whilst ignoring the current ..............

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here