Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nahki Wells

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hogan? If Brentford are still mid-table in January we could do a lot worse in my opinion

Brentford supporting mate reckons they can get £10m+ for him. If he's going anywhere in January suspect it'll be to a Prem relegation candidate. Pity as I think he'd be a perfect fit

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A loan from the Premier League does seem far more likely to me. and would be the route I would take, unless something obvious and unmissable turns up

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Difficult to know about Hogan as he has only played 24 games in Championship though has scored 17 goals. A lot of non-league time though so is he another Vardy.

If he thrives off getting the ball to him quickly then he won't score many for us as that is not our style.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What makes you say that? I ask because after the FA Cup game at Griffin Park I was talking to a Brentford official who told me the Albion were very involved in providing help and advice with the new stadium at Lionel Road

That would be Martin Perry. Tony & the Brentford chairman owned a betting company together, a few years ago, but fell out. In 2011, Tony specifically asked Gus if he could talk to the team in the dressing room. It was something he never did, but Gus was ok with it. Tony desperately wanted us to beat Brentford. We did.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Is Wells actually playing at the moment, he did not feature when he played us. Is past record is good but was his goals per game high because they played him as a loan striker?

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hogan? If Brentford are still mid-table in January we could do a lot worse in my opinion

Like Assombalonga - he'd be a great addition to the squad with his pace and goal scoring.

Like Assombalonga - an horrific Hoskins like injury record. Would we take the gamble knowing we could end up with a player semi permanently in the treatment room?

So for me, Wells looks a better option and is apparently available.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Wells has three goals in sixteen games this year. Scored the same as Hemed last. Why would we spend eight million pounds ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Wells has three goals in sixteen games this year. Scored the same as Hemed last. Why would we spend eight million pounds ?

The same amount of goals in a team that finished near the bottom . He has that poacher ability that we need and i think would thrive in a good team. Also who says he will cost 8 mill , just because that is the reported figure does not mean we end up paying that. He may well cost more !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't see Tony Bloom negotiating with Brentford or vice versa.

I do wish you'd stop saying that. I want Hogan!!! :down:

Business is business, hopefully they'll both steer clear of the negotiations but we end up paying a bit of a premium because of the Bloom connection but get our man. Hogan ticks every single box, Nahki Wells is a decent third option (behind Britt Assombalonga for me!) but Hogan is THE one who seals promotion for us.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Like Assombalonga - he'd be a great addition to the squad with his pace and goal scoring.

Like Assombalonga - an horrific Hoskins like injury record

Is that entirely fair? Poor old Hoskins had a long series of unrelated injuries. Both Assombalonga and Hogan had single, but very serious, knee injuries. I don't think either had a track record for being broken before that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is that entirely fair? Poor old Hoskins had a long series of unrelated injuries. Both Assombalonga and Hogan had single, but very serious, knee injuries. I don't think either had a track record for being broken before that.

In Hogan's case, not so.

He signed in January for Brentford, but then hurt his ankle and didn't play that season at all. Then he did his ACL within the first 15 minutes of his debut, had 8 months out, then did his ACL again in training, before getting back in the side.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Matt Taylor of Bristol Rovers looks top class. He's exactly what we need. Would love it if we went in for him come January. Guarantee someone will snap him up soon. Fingers crossed it's us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Matt Taylor of Bristol Rovers looks top class. He's exactly what we need. Would love it if we went in for him come January. Guarantee someone will snap him up soon. Fingers crossed it's us.

He does seem a very reliable goal scorer for Rovers, but I can't see us shelling out millions on a 27(?) year old based on goals in league two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here