Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nahki Wells

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not sure he is what we need, I dont see him as a like for like replacement of Baldock, hes a finisher with little team play for me..

If we have 8 million to spend... crikey we must be able to get a top top quality striker from abroad for that...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If only.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Not sure he is what we need, I dont see him as a like for like replacement of Baldock, hes a finisher with little team play for me..

If we have 8 million to spend... crikey we must be able to get a top top quality striker from abroad for that...

very much this !

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not the right fit or the right price for me. We should ideally be looking for someone who can cope at PL level if we are going to spend that sort of money and for me Wells doesn't have that kind of quality. For £8m I'd prefer to see someone probably from abroad who can both hit the ground running and have scope to improve

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not for me. That isn't arrogance or thinking we are too good for him. i just think we would be the wrong club. Baldock is great at what he does, he moved defenders around and makes space for the other striker, he doesn't score many but knows he has more to his game. I see Wells as a brilliant finisher that would play better with a larger hold up man in a 4-4-2. He could end up being the next CMS, a player of undoubted quality that just isn't right for our style.

I have said it before and will say it again. if we go up I would love to see us go for Giuseppe Rossi. He was on loan at a relegation threatened club in Spain last year after recovering from injury yet still looked absolutely brilliant at times. I probably only saw 3 or 4 games but he was pretty decent. looks like he has been loaned again this time to Celta Vigo

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not the right fit or the right price for me. We should ideally be looking for someone who can cope at PL level if we are going to spend that sort of money and for me Wells doesn't have that kind of quality. For £8m I'd prefer to see someone probably from abroad who can both hit the ground running and have scope to improve

Agreed and I think this may be the reason we'll end up with a loan striker, or maybe two. It will be hard to attract the quality striker we need as we'll have more competition. If we go up, that will change. So, I think we need another loanee (or even two if you want to be certain) similar to Wilson will be enough as we're scoring goals, we just lack the back up options for Baldock.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't think he's the style of smaller forward we need. He's a poacher not a compliment to Murray though might work better with Hemed. Must be someone abroad we could use that money on but for a top of Champ side he's decent

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Hang on... I thought the idea was that we had to spend big money on a striker? Their ability to fit into our team and be better than what we have hasn't previously been relevant

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
We need to sign a striker who'll hit the ground running. In the long run there is probably far better value for money abroad, but you are running the risk of it taking them a month or two to find their feet, which could be the difference between automatic promotion and the play-offs. Granted, it could still take a player who knows the division a while to settle in, but there's a much greater chance of them settling quicker than a player from abroad who doesn't know English football.

Wells might not be the right striker for us at that price, but I think he'd fit our system a lot better than some are suggesting, he's quick and could stretch defences the same way Baldock does, and is a far better finisher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here