Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rome - any advice?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Last time I went, was about 8 years ago, so not sure if this is still applicable. I went to Palatine Hill, showed my passport, paid £7 entry fee and got the Colosseum thrown in free! Kids go completely free if you have their passports on you if you have any.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Head to the Colosseum at or near dusk. Absolutely stunning.

afe259960b38d7efff0bfde7975b3cb7.jpg

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Went in July, fantastic city but I would not recommend going in the heat of the summer, it was 35C+ every day and absolutely rammed with tourists like us.

I would say for the biggies, colleaseum, vatican etc try and get your tickets before you go to them. Italians seem to have their own way of getting into attractions. You either join a massively big queue before hand and pretty much pay on the gate :) .....or you get your tickets elsewhere and just walk up to another much shorter line and just walk in scanning a pre booked ticket. I remember when we went to the Colleaseum there was one ridiculous queue yet we went to a booth nearby (a bit like a tabacconists) and got a Roma pass multi attraction card which gives a few attractions plus transport (look it up) and pretty much walked straight in. To get into the Vatican I brought the tickets online in the UK printed it out and took the passes with me, thus avoiding a 2 hour queue.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good point, eating anywhere near one of the tourist attractions won't be cheap. If you fancy picking something up it's worth doing as far from them as possible.

That's true but the one by the Spanish Steps is a specific scam. Not just high prices. Ask for a single scoop In a cone and they'll still pile it high with everything in the shop and get very aggressive if you don't cough up €20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here