Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Newcastle

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Can't make my mind up about this one. If Newcastle win, then they're on 40 points and starting to look untouchable. If Leeds win, that'll be another team hanging off our coat tails. They might start thinking they're quite good, and we're playing them in the not too distant future. Hmmm, think I'll settle for a draw.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Garry Monk has got Leeds playing well with their youngsters and their results are starting to improve. Must admit I'm a bit worried about Leeds as I think it could be their year. Tough game today but with Elland Road sold out I think they can beat Newcastle.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
All season there will be only 3 teams I shall be cheering. A win for the seagulls, whoever is playing Newcastle and team Pardew to take Palace down.

Leeds 3 points today would be delightful

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I don't think there's any particularly bad outcome for us today.

We either gain a point on Newcastle to stop them stretching away but bring Leeds firmly into the mix. We stretch further away from Leeds but allow Newcastle to open a comfortable gap. Or they draw and very little has changed from two weeks ago.

I'd be happy with a draw. Either way, our point against Villa is looking like a good one after yesterday's results.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can't make my mind up about this one. If Newcastle win, then they're on 40 points and starting to look untouchable. If Leeds win, that'll be another team hanging off our coat tails. They might start thinking they're quite good, and we're playing them in the not too distant future. Hmmm, think I'll settle for a draw.

Assuming that (from the point of view) nobody is going to catch Newcastle,then it would be nice if they take as many points as possible from the others,but are they really going to be untouchable..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Leeds all the way, far more likely to have a car crash some time in the season than Newcastle.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
In order of preference

1.Draw
2.Leeds
3.Newcastle

Leeds will almost certainly have an improved season, but they won't get within 10 points of us come the end of the season.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Doubt it'll be a great game but I'm weirdly looking forward to watching it. Hoping Leeds win, don't think they're much of a threat, bound to tail off at some point. Whereas we should be looking to keep Newcastle in our sights

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really not bothered. We have zero chance of catching Newcastle and i'm not worried about Leeds. I'm just going to enjoy watching the match.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A draw is probably the best outcome. I'm actually looking forward to watching this. Could be a good match, certainly better than a turgid Ipswich last night.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
When was the last time Elland road was sold out for a league game??
Draw please

el punal

Really not bothered. We have zero chance of catching Newcastle and i'm not worried about Leeds. I'm just going to enjoy watching the match.

Zero chance? We're only 2 points behind them. As it stands, we are the best team to challenge them from a points gained point of view. I admit Newcastle are hot favourites to win the league but they're not infallible. They too can have an off-colour performance similar to us on Friday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So undecided, I can see any outcome being good for us.

If pushed I'd go for Newcastle. Looking at their games right up to ours I can see a case for them winning them all. If that happened giving Leeds 3 points today would be the worst result for us

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Assuming that (from the point of view) nobody is going to catch Newcastle,then it would be nice if they take as many points as possible from the others,but are they really going to be untouchable..
No. The Championship will see to that.

I'd rather keep them in our sights for as long as we can.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't really care about going up as Champions tbh, second will do me just fine. I hope Newcastle muller everyone in the chasing pack, including dirty Leeds today.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't care one way or another - Our Promotion or non promotion will be decided by ourselves and how we perform. Other games you always hope for a draw in every game because that's always one other potential point dropped but other than that I care not one jot.

As for Leeds Utd. Their squad isn't strong enough yet to withstand lots of injuries and suspensions so they will have dips in results when they begin to kick in

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Draw for me today would be fine. Means as we were prior to the weekend starting bar reading who have a tough looking run if games to come with Bristol city, Fulham, massive and euro giants Leeds in the next 4 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here