Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Eye on the Championship 19-20/11

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
Moving on Up: Derby (4 pts off top 6) and Villa (5 pts off top 6) boosted , as we expected by managerial changes .
Not in it for the long haul ? Huddersfield, Bristol City, Wolves, Brentford and surprisingly Norwich starting to fade after spells in the sun.
The dark horses. Reading & cough, Leeds - but lets wait until tomorrow.
The ones to beat. Newcastle and us (same points after 17 games as 2015/16). A gap still there.
All over already Rotherham,

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Great for Reading to get 12 points from Burton, Wigan, Rotherham and Forest but perhaps their prior 2 points from Villa, QPR & Derby is a better indication of their level.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Moving on Up: Derby (4 pts off top 6) and Villa (5 pts off top 6) boosted , as we expected by managerial changes .
Not in it for the long haul ? Huddersfield, Bristol City, Wolves, Brentford and surprisingly Norwich starting to fade after spells in the sun.
The ones to beat. Newcastle and us (same points after 17 games as 2015/16). A gap still there.

Birmingham still up with a chance of play-offs. Rowett seems like a good manager.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I don't consider Leeds as dark horses. Be lucky to finish top 6

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Surely Alex Neil can't hold on much longer at Norwich now can he?
Was thinking exactly the same and more to the point so will Norwich's board. They will have seen the bounce that Derby and Villa have got and with their squad they really should be doing much better. Long may it continue.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This has been a really good weekend for us, hasn't it? Even last night should be considered a point gained given that we normally play a bit crap after the international break.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Was thinking exactly the same and more to the point so will Norwich's board. They will have seen the bounce that Derby and Villa have got and with their squad they really should be doing much better. Long may it continue.

Who? They'll be after someone with some pedigree. Can't see them going for Fat Sam or any of the recent sackings. Could be between a rock and a hard place. Maybe a way back for Poyet, after that I can only think of Pearson or Adkins

Took a look at their board. Names mentioned are Neville, Hodgson and McCarthy

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Surely better for newcastle to win tomorro. And win every other game except ours. Be more than happy with 2nd and that is easier if they take 3 points off everyone were competing with. Starting with massive leeds tomoro no?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Surely better for newcastle to win tomorro. And win every other game except ours. Be more than happy with 2nd and that is easier if they take 3 points off everyone were competing with. Starting with massive leeds tomoro no?

I tend to agree with this.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It has been a good weekend. Table is really tight if you consider villa in 16th are just 5 points away from 6th. Yesterday's point looks really good now all things considering. Reading have found some form despite playing teams at the bottom end of the table. Be interesting to see how their form develops. I recall them being in a decent place this time last year before fading badly. But the teams I feared in August were Villa, Norwich, Newcastle, Wednesday and Derby. The gaps over 4 of those look pretty healthy right now. Hope we keep it that way

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
It has been a good weekend. Table is really tight if you consider villa in 16th are just 5 points away from 6th. Yesterday's point looks really good now all things considering. Reading have found some form despite playing teams at the bottom end of the table. Be interesting to see how their form develops. I recall them being in a decent place this time last year before fading badly. But the teams I feared in August were Villa, Norwich, Newcastle, Wednesday and Derby. The gaps over 4 of those look pretty healthy right now. Hope we keep it that way

That is my top 6 finishers right there

1. Newcaslte
2. Bhafc good guys
3. Villa
4. Derby
5. Massive
6. Norwich

Villa to beat derby in playoffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills