Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bizarrely flat evening

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally thought they deserved a clap.
Over 3000 on a cold Friday night, many having a day off work, and live on sky .
Good support.

Ok. Fair point - although don't forget with clubs like Villa & Leeds, they have a lot of support spread across the country so won't have been a long trip for all of them. Not quite the same as coming here with someone like Rotherham. Regardless, agree with others that it's counter-productive... or at least the over-the-top tone of the announcement is.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
What a strange night at the Amex.

So flat on the pitch and also off it.

It started with the teams coming out to a half full stadium and never really got going at all.

Roll on Fulham and a nice leisurely Saturday 3pm fixture.

You should have been at the game I attended last night end to end hard fought 1-1 two well matched teams

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I was really looking forward to the match but by the time I got to the stadium I was properly f*cked off. The 8 mile journey took nearly 1 and a half hours.
Everyone seemed a bit beaten before kick off. All I heard as I queued to get searched was people slagging off the transport. It was not a fun evening.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Correct - spent much of the game making up for Stephens losing the ball.
Yep... sadly Stephens was the main cause of our lack of continuity with ball..... I think his head is already at a club up north somewhere.... shame really.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
All that and we still didn't lose [emoji106]
Yes... a point worth noting.... we were undercooked in midfield.... gave up loads of position to a former Prem team.... and still weren't beaten.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Because of traffic/trains.

The A23 Southbound at Pyecombe was closed at 6pm due to a lorry incident with a couple of cars..

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Personally thought they deserved a clap.
Over 3000 on a cold Friday night, many having a day off work, and live on sky .
Good support.
It's a working class sport not polo....time to lock all away fans in for 1hr until us lovely home fans have departed.Thats what football is all about:clap2:

You could see it was goner be a flat night after 15 mins:glare:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
What a strange night at the Amex.

So flat on the pitch and also off it.

It started with the teams coming out to a half full stadium and never really got going at all.

Roll on Fulham and a nice leisurely Saturday 3pm fixture.

Completely agree the whole atmosphere last night did not feel right , showed in our performance

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
my point being some people on here were wetting themselves over an Amex sell out ,it was there for all to see lots of empty seats
regards
DR
Yes I saw scattered pockets of empty seats and these are ST holders that haven't turned up for numerous reasons and reasons you can understand why....now these tickets were sold and it was a sell out...it's been the same throughout out history at the Amex and many fans who live outside Brighton only go to Saturday games.

Not sure why people bleat on about the same thing year after year....maybe we'll go back to withdean who knows.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Had some villa skinhead try to start on me on Queens Road. Great conversation that was - "you lot were ****ing lucky"... "yes we were, you deserved the three points"... "What? "

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
shocking viewing in the pub ,so much for the Amex full house lots of empty blue seats on view ,apart from that a fair result imho
regards
DR
Still, at least you'll be able to get off your pedal stool, and experience ancient football with low walk up prices when albion play at Wimbledon in the Checkatrade Trophy, eh ?

???

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yep... sadly Stephens was the main cause of our lack of continuity with ball..... I think his head is already at a club up north somewhere.... shame really.

I did not realise Stephens was playing last night until the last 15 mins when he gave the ball away , he was very quiet

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
my point being some people on here were wetting themselves over an Amex sell out ,it was there for all to see lots of empty seats
regards
DR

I think the trains/transport had something to do with it. I didnt get there till 30 mins after KO

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
When its flat like last night. You need the right song choices to get the crowd going. Last night. The leaders all picked wrong ones.

And I'm to shy too start a new one.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Had some villa skinhead try to start on me on Queens Road. Great conversation that was - "you lot were ****ing lucky"... "yes we were, you deserved the three points"... "What? "

Sponge United......soak it all up

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As said three weeks ago. Villa best team in league. We need them or us second as have no chance against them in playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here