Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
He is quoted as wanting one last challenge. Would a relegation fight in the premier league be that ? Or would he prefer getting a team promoted to the premier league ? What other options do you think he would consider? Scotland ? He's done that already! China ? Not really a challenge just a big pay day ! Has he ever been in a promotion winning team before? Without checking, maybe Wolves or Coventry ?? Promotion could be the challenge he wants and if so why not us !!!

Zawn Kellys

Feb 14, 2012
Quotes from Robbie Keane:

"I still feel sharp - I look after myself very well - and I've certainly got a lot of goals left in me. I still feel as hungry as ever," he told Press Association Sport.

"I am very open to what comes my way. I look forward to another challenge because I definitely see me having a couple of good years left.

"I want to go somewhere I can have an impact and help the team go forward or help a league grow - basically the same reason I went to the MLS.

"I wouldn't rule out anything. There would definitely be an interest in the UK.

"I'd never say never but it has to be the right club and the right people involved - an ambitious club who want to get in the Premier League or stay in the Premier League.

Could be talking about us!! I think he would be brilliant on a deal to the end of the season

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I hate the phrase, but Keane really could be the missing piece of the jigsaw to get us promoted.

He appears to have the sort of attitude we are looking for and I think he would give his all to any club that he plays for. He seems pretty fit still and fairly injury free. Could be a real shot in the arm for the club to have a player of his stature around.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he doesn't say:-

"It's great to finally be a Brighton, the team I supported as a lad"

He can fook right off, and I will boooooooo him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a toughie for me.

The singing of Bobby Keane goes completely against everything I rally against during NSC bi-annual bullshittery.

But that said it's hard not to think he'd be a bloody good signing.

With that in mind it's a resounding 'exception that proves the rule' YES from me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is a toughie for me.

The singing of Bobby Keane goes completely against everything I rally against during NSC bi-annual bullshittery.

But that said it's hard not to think he'd be a bloody good signing.

With that in mind it's a resounding 'exception that proves the rule' YES from me.

Why do we need an American record producer I would sooner we signed Robbie Keane a footballer.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Still being linked...think Kevin Phillips, old, but still knows how to ruffle the onion sack with a soccer ball. Great cover for Murray.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think this would be the perfect short contract signing,a sort of Martin Chivers moment.He knows,and hopefully gets on with CH. He is a different type to what we have,and has always scored goals.If his attitude is like BZ....(perhaps a little fitter),then he would be IMHO a great signing !!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he doesn't say:-

"It's great to finally be at Brighton, the team I supported as a lad"

He can fook right off, and I will boooooooo him.
Ideally pausing and looking down at a piece of card just before saying 'Brighton'.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Please no. I don't think I could bring my self to celebrate him scoring, I have an irrational hatred of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here