Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson, May & Hammond - Grand Tour

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I liked it. I liked the bit when the parachute didn't open. Made I laugh.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/...-night-to-watch-****-drive-car-20161118117330

'Men stay up all night to watch tw@t drive car

BRITAIN’S pathetically excited dads stayed up all night so they could watch Jeremy Clarkson drive a car.

Millions of fathers across Britain put on their best pair of jeans and stayed up past midnight, further eroding any respect they may have had from their partners and children.

Nikki Hollis, 17, from Stevenage, said her father Peter was emitting ‘childish whoops of glee’, adding: “At 3am he woke me up because he wanted to watch it on the big screen but couldn’t work out the Fire stick.

“He kept saying ‘The boys have still got it,’ while shaking his head in admiration, and asked if I wanted to watch the opening sequence which was ‘like something from Mad Max’.”

She continued: “At half-five I heard him on the phone to one of his mates marvelling at the budget, and when I came down for breakfast he was watching them reviewing a Ferrari for the fourth time.

“Jesus f*cking Christ.”

Peter Hollis said: “I’m just so relieved that I like it. I don’t really have anything else to live for.”'

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm just so glad they are now on a format where people won't keep watching them by accident.

I remember reading COUNTLESS people complaining on here about how crap Top Gear was. I just couldn't believe they were all suffering with the same technical issues where their TV's got stuck on BBC2.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't say I'm particularly interested in the programme, but I gather from Facebook that Brighton Fireworks did the pyrotechnics.

SAC

May 21, 2014
At six times the BBC budget, it had better be good. Amazon are refusing to release viewing figures so it will never be possible to compare to Top Gear.

If The Hamster (who isn't even a real hamster) doesn't accidentally, but hilariously (sic), repeatedly bump into the car driven by James May, then I shan't be watching.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Just finished watching it. Loved it - as it was basically still Top Gear! A winning formula that worked. Slightly slicker than before but lots of fun. Shame it's on Amazon but subscribing to Prime = free deliveries as well so it's already paid for itself this month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The marketing works. I'm currently hovering my cursor above the "confirm" for my Amazon direct debit to start. As mentioned above. The free deliveries are the additional temptation.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The marketing works. I'm currently hovering my cursor above the "confirm" for my Amazon direct debit to start. As mentioned above. The free deliveries are the additional temptation.

If you wait until tomorrow it will be £79 for the year, rather than £59 if you sign up today.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Just watched and brilliant is a good adjective to describe the show.Top Gear renamed and the trio are awesome.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I've seen estimates of 100m Prime subscribers worldwide, with around half in the US and half otuside previously.

This play for new Top Gear was never about the UK.

You're right this is not just about the UK market, Top Gear is a global franchise and Amazon will be keen to cash in on Clarkson. May & Hammonds popularity which was built on the Top gear brand and saw them as effectively being Top Gear - when you think about Top Gear now most people will still connect it to those 3. It was an obvious marketing strategy to take the show around the world and film it in different locations to a local audience to help build and cement the new show to a global audience. I suspect it will garner big viewing figures from Prime subscribers. I'm no mad Top Gear fanboy I'm just interested to see how they will do on this new show and format.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An initial 3 year deal and 12 episodes a year, Amazon are clearly pretty confident this is going to be a MONSTER hit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm just so glad they are now on a format where people won't keep watching them by accident.

I remember reading COUNTLESS people complaining on here about how crap Top Gear was. I just couldn't believe they were all suffering with the same technical issues where their TV's got stuck on BBC2.

It's really not nice to accidentally turn over and see those stupid twats though, even for 3-4 seconds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here