Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is clearly a thread for broflakes.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Filth and innuendo in Christmas Panto shocker...........heard about this on the radio earlier as Mrs Mortally-Offended of Manchester called in.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/14/parents-complain-lewd-jokes-ruin-family-panto-outing/

"The main issue for us was the actual fondling of Jimmy Krankie's breasts"...........................:D

There are too possibilities here , firstly it could be that the people that complained are over the top parents who found the good old Christmas panto offensive. It mentioned in the article that they went to an 'annual' panto, this suggests that they have been a few times before. As they continue to go annually we can assume they have had few complaints before.

or

This show was beyond the pail in terms of your average Christmas panto. Given that there were a number of complaints including "I've seen a lot of pantos in my time but this was a step too far - all the staff agreed it was wholly inappropriate," she said. "I felt really uncomfortable watching it with my class. They were all gasping and saying 'this is really rude'." this cannot be discounted.

Without having seen the panto surely it is impossible for us to decide if the panto or the complainants that are over the top? Are we rushing to condemn people here without full knowledge of the facts. Without knowing the content, how can we call out people thinking it inappropriate as snowflakes?

Edit: Reading the comments it is interesting that those outraged at the outrage do not mention seeing said panto while those that have seen it agree that it was somewhat over the top and they were not surprised that people had complained.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At our daughters Christmas nativity a fellow parent could not wait to tell us they have had a letter published in the BMJ regarding Doctor Brown Bear in Peppa Pig and that he raises patient expectation and encourages inappropriate use of primary care services.

Tongue in cheek surely?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There are too possibilities here , firstly it could be that the people that complained are over the top parents who found the good old Christmas panto offensive. It mentioned in the article that they went to an 'annual' panto, this suggests that they have been a few times before. As they continue to go annually we can assume they have had few complaints before.

or

This show was beyond the pail in terms of your average Christmas panto. Given that there were a number of complaints including "I've seen a lot of pantos in my time but this was a step too far - all the staff agreed it was wholly inappropriate," she said. "I felt really uncomfortable watching it with my class. They were all gasping and saying 'this is really rude'." this cannot be discounted.

Without having seen the panto surely it is impossible for us to decide if the panto or the complainants that are over the top? Are we rushing to condemn people here without full knowledge of the facts. Without knowing the content, how can we call out people thinking it inappropriate as snowflakes?

No idea. Not ‘rushing to condemn’ anyone. The radio phone in was hilarious though. There is also something slightly odd about being offended about someone fondling the breasts of someone called ‘Jimmy’......even if it is an old woman pretending to be a small boy. Bizarre.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Black academics criticise English rugby fans singing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ck-academics-racist-unfortunate-a7620421.html

Pretty much sums up how pathetic and void of common sense society has become!
The epitome of how utter morons go out of their way to find something to be offended by and then feel it’s their pathetic moral duty to make an issue out of it, whilst believing they are sitting on some moral high horse and embarking on some politically motivated crusade!
Makes me sick how these morons then try and make it socially unacceptable to disagree with their pathetic point of view and clueless lefty morons, students, lovey actor/actresses and bottom feeding scum bag politicians lap it up!!

Isn't that BMJ letter meant to be funny? Presumable it's Drs poking fun at the way Drs are meant to function using Peppa Pig as a vehicle for the humour.

Heard the Dr in question interviewed on the radio and it was definitely a "tongue in cheek" way of raising awareness of a real issue.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Snowflakes are dead hard actually. They defeated the fascists at Stalingrad. They're the main component of what has been historically known as 'General Winter.' And in modern sociological parlance, they are in the main younger, fitter and going to be here longer than moaning old right wing bigots, so there you go :)

And us moaning old left-wingers too ...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Snowflakes are dead hard actually. They defeated the fascists at Stalingrad. They're the main component of what has been historically known as 'General Winter.' And in modern sociological parlance, they are in the main younger, fitter and going to be here longer than moaning old right wing bigots, so there you go :)

Your comparing the the Red Army of the 40's to todays "scream at the sky if I don't get my own way" generation?

Bravo, you've just seriously insulted a whole generation of hard fighting Russians. :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Edit: Reading the comments it is interesting that those outraged at the outrage do not mention seeing said panto while those that have seen it agree that it was somewhat over the top and they were not surprised that people had complained.
Yep, that seems about the norm for today's society. Basically third person outrage.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Vanity Fair has apparently been causing outrage on social media after a female member of staff said in a short video that Hilary Clinton should “Take up a new hobby in the new year - volunteer work, knitting, improv comedy—literally anything that will keep you from running again.”

#CancelVanityFair began trending on Twitter after accusations of sexism. Of course a lot of websites are leading with headlines that only include the "knitting" part of the quote and exclude details about the member of staff who tweeted them. Vanity Fair has been forced to issue an apology. The member of staff, Maya Kosoff, has said she not "appreciate being taken out of context to make me seem super sexist".

[tweet]944613785171501056[/tweet]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42502893

Generation snowflake or justifiable outrage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here