Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will our season be defined by the first 6 games of 2017?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Far too many pedants on here.

I understand what you mean. If we get out of Jan to early Feb with some decent results and in the top 2 with a cushion to 3rd, we have very few crucial games and potential points swings left to **** us over.

Of course we could still **** it up ourselves from that point because 'there are no easy games:facepalm:' but I would be very confident we wouldn't.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Really tough games but we've give ourselves some breathing space for a few slip ups....We will certainly lose a couple or even 3 but still well in with a shout.

Shame tonight's game got called off

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolute smash and grab v Fulham but..... 3 points.

Next up in the league a very, very tricky game v Preston. We'll miss Lewis Dunk, it could be an ugly game.

:albion2:

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
7 maybe 8 points from the next 5 games would keep us going well and set us up for the 'easier' run after these fixtures.

Would mind newcastle game being rescheduled either to break the difficult run up.... Although it could be a decent time to play them at this rate. :shrug:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
truth is though all games in this league are tricky. Can't help myself I get worried when results don't go our way, and i get worried when we go on a run .... never easy is it?

anyone know of some personal positivity training courses anywhere, by the end of this season i'll be a gibbering wreck, not because i don't think we can do it but because i really begin to think we will.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fulham ... WIN.

We can now officially swap out the Newcastle game for the Cardiff game.

Next up Preston. Tough, tough game. I'd be happy with a draw but the squad won't be and will go for the win until the end.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we are 2nd or 1st on Mon 6th Feb, I just can't see us not getting automatic promotion!

Brighton & Hove Albion v Sheffield WednesdayFri 20 Jan

Gifted a man advantage and an evil invisible alien force field around their goal in last season's play-off, our superior class finally counted for a 1st win at Hillsborough last month. Having had their title of 'most massive club in the Championship' rudely stolen from them by Newcastle, they're going to want to grab 3 points at the Amex to cement their play-off charge. A tricky fixture.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Newcastle UnitedSat 28 Jan

The title favourites visit the Amex. Will they be able to exploit our weakness at defending set-pieces again?

Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Thu 2 Feb

Early leaders Huddersfield have beaten the likes of Newcastle and made a fantastic start. Can they keep their team fit? Can they keep hold of their best players in the window? Can they stay in the top 6? A loss at the Amex should mean that their top 2 ambitions are put to an end but you never know.

Brentford v Brighton & Hove Albion Sun 5 Feb

Another team to have beaten the Albion this season. Brentford were tactically perfect at th Amex but can they repeat this at home? Will we have learnt from our defensive mistakes and will the mercurial Alan Judge be available to help pluck our feathers? This is a tough fixture and a draw could be a fine result.

Fulham v Albion WIN
Preston v Albion LOSS

Onto the game vs Massive. Very tough fixture, but surely the team will be up for this. Dunk back, hopefully Stephens and Bong or Pocognoli as well.

I reckon an albion WIN.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fulham v Albion WIN
Preston v Albion LOSS

Onto the game vs Massive. Very tough fixture, but surely the team will be up for this. Dunk back, hopefully Stephens and Bong or Pocognoli as well.

I reckon an albion WIN.

I'm sure normal service will be resumed! Another positive is that Kayal has made a case to start one would think.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
the December period defined our season last time around until every single game after it!! ha ha because if we had done better in any 1 of them we would've been promoted. So the defining game was away to boro, wait no was play off game away at massive in playoffs. no maybe was one after!!
The season was certainly defined somewhere wasn't it?
maybe it was the games before dec..... oh I give up. Dunno

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The next 2 games look critical. Win them both and we'll be 15 ahead of Massive with 20 to play, and just worrying about Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm sure normal service will be resumed! Another positive is that Kayal has made a case to start one would think.

I know they don't want to rush him back but I am SALIVATING at the thought of the Stephens / Kayal partnership in midfield again. We've done so well without BK but with him (and DS) we are simply a much better team. Much better from where we are now is a MOUTH WATERING prospect.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I know they don't want to rush him back but I am SALIVATING at the thought of the Stephens / Kayal partnership in midfield again. We've done so well without BK but with him (and DS) we are simply a much better team. Much better from where we are now is a MOUTH WATERING prospect.

A risk worth taking in my opinion, but will probably be Stephens-Norwood.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fulham WIN
Preston LOSS
Massive WIN
Cardiff WIN

If we are 2nd or 1st on Mon 6th Feb, I just can't see us not getting automatic promotion!

Huddersfield Town v Brighton & Hove Albion Thu 2 Feb

Early leaders Huddersfield have beaten the likes of Newcastle and made a fantastic start. Can they keep their team fit? Can they keep hold of their best players in the window? Can they stay in the top 6? A loss at the Amex should mean that their top 2 ambitions are put to an end but you never know.

Brentford v Brighton & Hove Albion Sun 5 Feb

Another team to have beaten the Albion this season. Brentford were tactically perfect at th Amex but can they repeat this at home? Will we have learnt from our defensive mistakes and will the mercurial Alan Judge be available to help pluck our feathers? This is a tough fixture and a draw could be a fine result.

Absolutely vital match on Thursday v Huddersfield.

3 points needed to get our momentum back, and with pesky Reading and Leeds playing before we kick off then the pressure could really be cranked up.

Win albion, just win.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Will our season be defined by the first 6 games of 2017?

The answer to my question is of course 'No'.

There are still 5 teams capable of automatic promotion. This was never going to be easy, however, 4 home wins in February will make March a little easier to enjoy! :thumbsup:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our nice little cushion feels like it has been removed. Still 5 points clear with a game in hand and one of the strongest teams when you consider the last 10 games but it feels more uncomfortable knowing we haven't played well for a few weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here