Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X factor- Is it just me?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be good if she is 'voted' out and if the same happened in Strictly to Ed Balls. What gets me is that X Factor is a singing contest and she is no singer as Strictly is a dancing competition and Ed Balls is an awful dancer with both having no idea of what they should be doing but upping their value as entertainers but not as a dancer or singer..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Would be good if she is 'voted' out and if the same happened in Strictly to Ed Balls. What gets me is that X Factor is a singing contest and she is no singer as Strictly is a dancing competition and Ed Balls is an awful dancer with both having no idea of what they should be doing but upping their value as entertainers but not as a dancer or singer..

Gave up watching both shows weeks ago, both Balls and that Crap woman are being falsely kept on the show ( ie its fixed) to boost ratings, when more talented individuals get kicked out...

Complete crap

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you don't get it ....you shouldn't be watching it!

Don't watch it, just clicked on that youtube abomination a couple of posts up to confirm me prejudices. Honey G looks about as real as Ali G and seems sure to be - surprise! surprise! - unmasked as some failed Edinburgh/Brighton Festival act's alter-ego. But only after millions of folks who can least afford it have pissed millions of quids worth of premium rate phone calls subsidising the current series by voting for the loser of their choice. As much a tax on the stupid as the National lottery IMHO.
And... RELAX :smokin:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don't watch it, just clicked on that youtube abomination a couple of posts up to confirm me prejudices. Honey G looks about as real as Ali G and seems sure to be - surprise! surprise! - unmasked as some failed Edinburgh/Brighton Festival act's alter-ego. But only after millions of folks who can least afford it have pissed millions of quids worth of premium rate phone calls subsidising the current series by voting for the loser of their choice. As much a tax on the stupid as the National lottery IMHO.
And... RELAX :smokin:
You can vote for free online.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am aroused at the thought of I'm a celeb starting tonight and all you miserable mugs will be watching the turgid Planet Earth 2, that's if you can put down your Dickens novel and switch Radio 4 off.
Honey G is superb a national treasure in the making.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To be fair to her, actor or not, she's not bad at rapping and does work hard at it. People find her fun so it will be a Christmas Honey G whether she wins the show or not.

https://youtu.be/JHP1RlkhXjs

Not bad a rapping? image.jpg

I've not watched X Factor or seen any footage of this woman until your post, she has got to be a fake.
Just awful :facepalm:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've not watched X Factor or seen any footage of this woman until your post, she has got to be a fake.
Just awful :facepalm:

Because you take it too seriously. Maybe I should rephrase it. She can probably rap better than the average NSC'r, but anyone is welcome to upload a file to their attempt to prove me wrong. Are there any competitive rappers out there who up for the Honey G Challenge?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Because you take it too seriously. Maybe I should rephrase it. She can probably rap better than the average NSC'r, but anyone is welcome to upload a file to their attempt to prove me wrong. Are there any competitive rappers out there who up for the Honey G Challenge?

But there must be some teenage girls or lads that can properly rap, but don't get a look in on these type of shows.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Rapping isn't music. It is a form of simple, rather immature poetry in a manufactured type of street language. It has been cleverly marketed over the years as hip and fashionable and people are frightened to admit that they don't get it, whilst their peer group rave about it. This woman has no talent at all. She is being kept in the show deliberately as curiosity about her has grown. She helps the ratings, so she will be kept in, maybe even to the final.
The Finnish girl has the best voice and should win but she doesn't appeal to young girls, so she will be a casualty whilst others, less talented, stay in the show. Its clearly fixed/manufactured as exposed by Gifty, who knew she was going home, even before the final vote.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
But there must be some teenage girls or lads that can properly rap, but don't get a look in on these type of shows.

Of course there are but people seem to find her fun. They get up of their arses, join in, and embrace a stupid moment. It's not my cup of tea but the whole phenomenon is quite amusing even if just on the psychology of people. All the hate she gets makes her stronger and we are feeding that monster now.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Rapping isn't music. It is a form of simple, rather immature poetry in a manufactured type of street language. It has been cleverly marketed over the years as hip and fashionable and people are frightened to admit that they don't get it, whilst their peer group rave about it. This woman has no talent at all. She is being kept in the show deliberately as curiosity about her has grown. She helps the ratings, so she will be kept in, maybe even to the final.
The Finnish girl has the best voice and should win but she doesn't appeal to young girls, so she will be a casualty whilst others, less talented, stay in the show. Its clearly fixed/manufactured as exposed by Gifty, who knew she was going home, even before the final vote.

Arrogance beyond belief. You don't get Rap Music, so you dismiss it out of hand?

I've not seen Honey G, but suspect that she is not a good representation of a genre that is wide ranging, varied and at times, wonderful. Just like any musical genre.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

You are forgetting that it is a show for children and I would be surprised if many beyond their teenage years would vote.

If we want to get rid of acts like Honey G then us adults had better start voting too.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Rapping isn't music.

listen to this classic-start to finish and then tell me it's not an art form- i may add i was about 12 when i was into this stuff,but give it a try..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are forgetting that it is a show for children and I would be surprised if many beyond their teenage years would vote.

If we want to get rid of acts like Honey G then us adults had better start voting too.

Who knows actually what age group vote and how accurate the voting reports are ITV say she was top so the gullible public just accept it as with all of the similar programs relying on viewers votes.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Of course there are but people seem to find her fun. They get up of their arses, join in, and embrace a stupid moment. It's not my cup of tea but the whole phenomenon is quite amusing even if just on the psychology of people. All the hate she gets makes her stronger and we are feeding that monster now.

I had seen a photo of her before watching the video you posted, she reminds me of a female Lee Nelson, I think Ali G has also been mentioned on this thread :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here