Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop Funding Hate - Pathetic!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
it's not debate though is it? It's just mudslinging and attacks often of a personal nature. It's about as far removed from engagement in the constructive sense as you can get, each side screaming insults and playing to the lowest denominator in a terrifying race to the bottom it seems. Black or white. Love or hate. For or against. Rage wins everytime as neither side is prepared to listen to the other. Such is the polarisation of opinion today, where rationale debate has all but disappeared, that our very democratic foundation is being tested. In a less developed democracy I'm pretty sure we'd be in a state of civil war by now.

Spot on. The art of debate has been lost amongst the post-truth hyperbole that dominates public discourse these days. These are sad times.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
[/B]

Do you not think that this might be just that tiny bit exaggerated. Perhaps you should not take NSC too seriously. Of course what you describe can happen, and always has done, but to suggest that it is behind every bush these days .. . . . .
Well someone was angry enough to kill an MP in the street in the middle of the day over this. So I don't think it's that much of an exaggeration.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
[/B]

Do you not think that this might be just that tiny bit exaggerated. Perhaps you should not take NSC too seriously. Of course what you describe can happen, and always has done, but to suggest that it is behind every bush these days .. . . . .

PS - wasn't referring to NSC, your bad! Talking about general public

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What inflamatory and unsubstantiated comments to make on a forum, I bet if people said this about any group your assocaited with you would be outraged. But hey lets generalise about a third of the worlds law abiding citizens.

i was hoping someone would respond like this , where was your outrage about scousers being generalised as thieves ?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's utterly disgusting that people are prepared to stand up to the Sun like it's a problem. There's nothing wrong with the Sun.

As long as you ignore the race-baiting, division-creating, dead girl phone-hacking, dead soldier phone-hacking, corruption, lying, smearing, sneering, shit-stirring, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynist, other-hating content they put out on a regular basis, obviously.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Just been reading up on this utterly pathetic campaign.
Another bunch of idiotic politically correct morons labelling anything and everything they don't like or disagree with as "HATE" in some crusade against the free speech (and sometimes factually reporting) press!
These are the vocal minority who like to spout off about democracy and freedoms unless of course you dare to have the audacity to disagree with their right on beliefs.
Yet even now..especially this week they still cannot see the damage they do to their argument by thinking that labelling anything they dislike as 'hate' and labelling people who disagree with them as 'racists, bigots, blah blah blah'
These sort of people turned the Brexit vote into labelling war...deciding anyone voting to leave is racist and that they should in some way be morally ashamed......well look what happened there!!
Anyone who thought Trump should win the American election was labelled "Deplorable" and god knows what else....and look what happened there!
Couldn't really give a toss about the yanks election...I disliked both of them equally....however became sick to the back teeth of on a daily basis listening to some luvvie actor/actress/musician spouting off and taking the piss out of Trump because they think it's right on and makes them a 'great guy'!!
Supposedly fighting against 'hate'...or opinions that differ from theirs as we would call it!
However their 'hate' towards any paper they don't like is apparently....ok????

Even funnier now you look back at this post and realise that all those celebs that the average Joe was latching onto as amazing bastions of light against the EVIL Dr. Trump are actually just rapists, paedos or complicit in allowing the above to take place. Amazing.

i was hoping someone would respond like this , where was your outrage about scousers being generalised as thieves ?

The lack of self awareness is astounding isn't it? Just wow.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Even funnier now you look back at this post and realise that all those celebs that the average Joe was latching onto as amazing bastions of light against the EVIL Dr. Trump are actually just rapists, paedos or complicit in allowing the above to take place. Amazing.

The lack of self awareness is astounding isn't it? Just wow.

Last I heard 16 main news anchors and producers for the MSM have either been sacked or resigned, these are the ones preaching about Trump and Muh Russians. Its like every day hes going to be impeachead and then nothing. But all the while Tobys lap up this fake news they'll keep broadcasting it.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Good points, well made. The Mail gets very close to incitement, but obviously has good lawyers. In my view it is a hideous paper that attempts on a daily basis to demonise minorities, and encourage division within our society. If only there were a popular press that tried to sow cohesion and understanding, but it seems a very sizeable minority don't want such "liberal claptrap"!

Personally, I'm very glad Lego has decided to pull their advertising in the Mail. Hopefully the first of many.

One day we may emerge from this post-Referendum nightmare and realise that we are, after all, a civilised, decent society which welcomes diversity and understanding.

Agree. Hideous rag. As far as the Mail is concerned, they sell paper, not news. It's like reading Viz.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Seems to be getting under their skin.

Excellent.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a yogurt knitting urban liberal I actually have a problem with all of this.

1) Firstly I tend to read things I disagree with. I've never understood people who go through life only absorbing things that confirm their belief. If you want to confirm your beliefs read something you disagree with !!

2) Secondly it reminds me of an essay I had to write at University where I struggled to get a copy of The Sun because it was being actively discouraged,

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

[MENTION=3347]Horton's halftime iceberg[/MENTION] still waiting for.you to tell me why you were so keen to be outraged about the denigration of one group but not the other ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here