Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes, depreciation and amortisation of non-player registrations of intangibles is allowed, along with impairments.

Surprising and shows what little i know on such matters,which is why i (and many others) rely on a lot of your informative postings.....amortisation & intangibles :lolol: are these fruits or something.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You seriously think I want us to fail? Seriously? You have no idea of me. I am just hauling back all those that call other clubs cheats because they overspend. We WILL overspend. But if we are in the Prem it doesn't really matter. But we should stop calling other clubs cheats when we overspend ourselves.

So despite experts proving you wrong, [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] in particular - YOU still think we'll break FFP rules ?? I suggest you go take your negative made up crap somewhere else.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'll bite yer kneecaps

Just the right one please,i once (without knowing) cracked my left one,went to hospital to have my knee x ray,for pain and the doc said,i had broken my patella and it's healed....i was like what? i know i bash them about bit at work...

anyway as you were.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
You seriously think I want us to fail? Seriously? You have no idea of me. I am just hauling back all those that call other clubs cheats because they overspend. We WILL overspend. But if we are in the Prem it doesn't really matter. But we should stop calling other clubs cheats when we overspend ourselves.

You started a good and interesting thread but your defensiveness when others offer different opinions is a bit tedious. I thought the topic was FFP not overspending. Very few clubs operate on a profit. We continue to overspend and will do so again but we have not breached any rules.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You do know what El Pres does for a job I assume ?

You revere him, I prefer not too.

I find it plainly obvious that we have losses up to this financial year of £20 million, this year will be accounted for next season. I foresee and could be blindingly obviously wrong, that our losses will be bigger in 2017. That means we will be overspending, we will be over FFP rules. I hope to God we make the promised land, I really do, because clubs like Bournemouth are now laughing in the face of FFP. I have no problem with us breaking the rules to do the same.

I don't enjoy condescending twats like El Pres, almost sounds like Donald Trump now. If you want to say something don't call people f**kwits to get your point across. You really are the bigger idiot.

I have only tried to do the devils advocate on others reply's and apologise if I sound disingenuous or stupid.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Oh for hevens sake, we are not breaking FFP. We have until the end of 2018/19 to lose more than £39m and even then not all loses count towards FFP.

You're partially wrong on this one: The 'profitability and sustainability regulations' which permit a rolling loss of 39m over 3 years started this season. For season 15/16, which are the results that this article is about, the limit was a flat 13m. You are however correct about not all losses - structural investment and youth development for example - not being included, which has already been clarified by El P, who knows a bit about football finance.

It wouldn't surprise me if we go close to the limit when the actually FFP accounts are submitted, but I'd be amazed if we breached it. Middlesbrough will be an interesting one to look for though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surprising and shows what little i know on such matters,which is why i (and many others) rely on a lot of your informative postings.....amortisation & intangibles :lolol: are these fruits or something.

Good name for the 'difficult second album' though!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I find it plainly obvious that we have losses up to this financial year of £20 million, this year will be accounted for next season. I foresee and could be blindingly obviously wrong, that our losses will be bigger in 2017. That means we will be overspending, we will be over FFP rules. I hope to God we make the promised land, I really do, because clubs like Bournemouth are now laughing in the face of FFP. I have no problem with us breaking the rules to do the same.

I don't enjoy condescending twats like El Pres, almost sounds like Donald Trump now. If you want to say something don't call people f**kwits to get your point across. You really are the bigger idiot.

I have only tried to do the devils advocate on others reply's and apologise if I sound disingenuous or stupid.

I don't revere him - I respect his knowledge, especially given he's an expert in the field of football finances.

And still you're not accounting for costs that are non-FFP ...... you have zero understanding clearly.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't revere him - I respect his knowledge, especially given he's an expert in the field of football finances.

And still you're not accounting for costs that are non-FFP ...... you have zero understanding clearly.

Clearly.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I find it plainly obvious that we have losses up to this financial year of £20 million, this year will be accounted for next season. I foresee and could be blindingly obviously wrong, that our losses will be bigger in 2017. That means we will be overspending, we will be over FFP rules.

To come to the above conclusion you'd have to know how much of our losses count under FFP. Also if we don't go up Dunk and Knockaert will almost certainly be sold for a total of about £20 million or more.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
You're partially wrong on this one: The 'profitability and sustainability regulations' which permit a rolling loss of 39m over 3 years started this season. For season 15/16, which are the results that this article is about, the limit was a flat 13m. You are however correct about not all losses - structural investment and youth development for example - not being included, which has already been clarified by El P, who knows a bit about football finance.

It wouldn't surprise me if we go close to the limit when the actually FFP accounts are submitted, but I'd be amazed if we breached it. Middlesbrough will be an interesting one to look for though.

I thought the rolling 3 year losses of £39m can include 15/16 accounts although, as you say, the new FFP regime commences from 16/17.
Perhaps someone on the thread can clarify?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here