Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jedinak will not play for villa vs albion

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nor is my brother but he still has to do a days work for BA and has been doing it since he was about 23 and it gets no easier.

Alright, sixties then! Which I'd still wager makes him about thirty years older than that ex-Palace carthorse, who in spite of his obvious footballing deficiencies, is still a professional footballer, and thus- presumably- quite fit.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd forgotten Albert Adomah went there.

I heard a story that Adomah followed the Albion coach out of Middlesbrough in May for a fair few miles, beeping his horn and flashing his lights, viewed as quite classless behaviour given what had played out that day. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sidwell put in one of his reducers early doors.

I heard this too. He deserves a serious Pritcharding - lets make sure the word gets out and let's make it happen.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Since we are slinging about anecdotal evidence, on my return from various wrk trips to Thailand, China, HK & Vietnam I have never suffered from tiredness or jet lag. You simply get lashed up the night before, ensure you are on the appropriate flight and sleep on the way back. I appreciate a job in IT is probably a bit more taxing than Championship football tho, and not everyone is in peak condition like me...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I hope he plays. He won't offer the defence nearly as much support as they'll need and our chances of winning will improve. Not to say he isn't a good player, he is - but his presence would be tactically wrong IMO.

As I mentioned earlier, I'd put money on it being Kodja and Adomah. Jed on the bench would allow them to play a more defensive midfield game to protect the back four, then using the pace of Kodja and Adomah to hit us on the break. That's the best way to catch us out IMO as we press high.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
I don't care who they play because...
"We've got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert
"We've got Stephens, Dale Stephens
We've got Dunk, Dunky, Dunky Dunk
We've got Murray, Glenn Murray
We've got Duffy, Shane Duffy

Yada, yada, and so on

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Since we are slinging about anecdotal evidence, on my return from various wrk trips to Thailand, China, HK & Vietnam I have never suffered from tiredness or jet lag. You simply get lashed up the night before, ensure you are on the appropriate flight and sleep on the way back. I appreciate a job in IT is probably a bit more taxing than Championship football tho, and not everyone is in peak condition like me...

Exactly. I've done a marathon the day after a flight back from Hong Kong (badly as usual, but no worse than normal) Kidology I reckon by Bruce (not that it'll bother CH).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He is a very good player who has been outstanding in their last two games so yes, i would prefer it if he was catching up on some kip and not playing against us...
Fair enough.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why even mention it if it's not a bluff?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Villa will be a tough game with or without him. Need to be fast paced up tempo from the off.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ah, I didn't count the cup! That's great news. Still haven't forgiven him for cracking one in in injury time for Leeds when CMS was good.

......oh no...you had to go and mention CMS, when I have spent all this time trying to rebuild my life........cue the great Aznavour.........

" Yesterday.....when I was young....a glimpse of CMS was sweet as rain upon my tongue....he teased at football as if it were a foolish game....the way his silky skills lit up the ground, as if it were a flame......the many goals I dreamed....the celebrations that I planned.....were built, alas, on weak and shifting sand....I watched him play by night, I watched him play by day.......and now all I see is the ball running away....away...............yesterday......when I was young..........................."

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Villa forum don't think the Jedinak thing is a bluff. They tried to play him after a previous international jaunt and he was so knacked they had to sub him off early.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here