Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stronger squad than Poyet's?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes I think it's much stronger. And didn't think I'd say that unless we were in the prem as Gus' squad was class...!

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
3rd and 4th choice CBs are Goldson and Uwe.

3rd and 4th choice CMs are Sidwell and Norwood.

Think about that for a second. That's incredible depth. This current squad is one striker away from having 2 genuinely quality championship players PER position.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gus's team was strong, but the squad didn't have half as much depth as this one does imho.

This, you couldn't imagine Ashley Barnes and CMS waxing lyrical on Brexit and Donald Trump misogynism in the way that Liam Rosenior and Steve Sidwell doubtlessly do prematch.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Much stronger, but then again it needs to be as the championship is much stronger now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet's team could be bullied this one can't. Current squad is a much better bet to get promoted IMO as they have flair and mental strength as does the manager. We were mentally fragile like our manager under Poyet even if we had loads of flair.

Last edited:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Poyet's team could be bullied this one can't. Current squad is a much better bet to get promoted IMO as they have flair and mental strength as does the manager. We were mentally fragile like our manager under Poyet even if we had loads of flair.
Brentford royally bullied us off the park, however, overall I agree with what you've said.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Yep, we are not scared to play football now. We were well rehearsed in the cautious approach but when it came to having to win we hadn't practiced that side of football when it's all about blood and guts. It was bad enough losing to Palace but failing to score over 180 mins said it all. It was like watching a game of chess but less challenging.

We do have a much better squad but I don’t think Poyet could have assembled one as good as Hughton has done just because players are more drawn to the Hughton type.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The squad has Premier League experience running through it now, whereas there was just one or two with that sort of experience before.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The current squad is stronger but it would have been interesting to see what the old one would have delivered if had he kept Murray and the Vicente gamble had paid off

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here