Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking for Bristol City

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As I work directly across 100m of water from the ss gb... and I have a rugby season ticket at Ashton gate ... I think I am well enough informed on the matter.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Is the walk pretty straight forward to Ashton Gate from where you work? Reason I ask is we are staying very near to your work ( opposite SS GB )
I know where The Cottage pub is and that side of the harbour but I have never walked to the ground from there, last time I caught a bus from the city centre.
I've looked at Google Earth and do I cross the River Avon on a footbridge?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's 5 mins walk from ground.. the first stop on the bus is on hotwells... at 20 mins walk from ground... so a bit of an odd choice

I was thinking it's a 'park and walk' - no entry check, park up and walk to the ground. Simples, no ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is the walk pretty straight forward to Ashton Gate from where you work? Reason I ask is we are staying very near to your work ( opposite SS GB )
I know where The Cottage pub is and that side of the harbour but I have never walked to the ground from there, last time I caught a bus from the city centre.

Looking at google maps (walking directions) it takes u over a road bridge with the A3029... 25/30 min walk?

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Match days they have heavies to prevent the car park getting swamped by footy freebies.. but try your luck... you never know.

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
From cottage it's a temporary detour across road bridge due to other bridge works... follow crowds... or left outside pub back a few hundred meters to footbridge then follow crowds... either way it's 15/20 mins from cottage pub.

If you staying at travel lodge or Ibis... get ferry across 70p to ss gb... 20/25 mins walk from there at standard pace.. follow crowds

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
From cottage it's a temporary detour across road bridge due to other bridge works... follow crowds... or left outside pub back a few hundred meters to footbridge then follow crowds... either way it's 15/20 mins from cottage pub.

If you staying at travel lodge or Ibis... get ferry across 70p to ss gb... 20/25 mins walk from there at standard pace.. follow crowds

Many thanks, I'm glad I asked.
I did remember something about one of the footbridges being closed from the thread last season, and I wasn't sure if the road bridge could be used by pedestrians.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What's the consensus on the drive down?

I've always done M25 and M4 but getting fed up with the traffic. Is the A/M27 then via Salisbury any better?

I've not driven to Bristol via A27/M27 and Sailsbury, but driven to Devon that way and it's not much better, Salisbury is always busy during the day.
Don't know the exact route, but someone I know said they don't go round the M25 to the M4 junction but go off before and go towards Bracknell, then join the M4 further down.
It's worth looking at that route, or going in that direction.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've always done M25 and M4 but getting fed up with the traffic. Is the A/M27 then via Salisbury any better?

I'll be doing M27 then via Salisbury ...as bn9 says it can get busy ..but personally prefer that to M4

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Many thanks, I'm glad I asked.
I did remember something about one of the footbridges being closed from the thread last season, and I wasn't sure if the road bridge could be used by pedestrians.
Just walk up the ramp... there is a path

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
I've not driven to Bristol via A27/M27 and Sailsbury, but driven to Devon that way and it's not much better, Salisbury is always busy during the day.
Don't know the exact route, but someone I know said they don't go round the M25 to the M4 junction but go off before and go towards Bracknell, then join the M4 further down.
It's worth looking at that route, or going in that direction.
I always do the salisbury route myself when heading to Sussex for home games..but also popular is m4 a34 Newbury Winchester m3 m27 a27

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

From 15 years of living in Bristol and North Somerset, you really can't beat A/M27, M3, A34, M4 (then either M32 or M5/Portway) if you get a decent run. You may only have to drop below 70 (80, 90, whatever) only twice between Chichester and Bristol.

...and picking up your later post - there's a KFC right next to Ashton Gate.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
From 15 years of living in Bristol and North Somerset, you really can't beat A/M27, M3, A34, M4 (then either M32 or M5/Portway) if you get a decent run. You may only have to drop below 70 (80, 90, whatever) only twice between Chichester and Bristol.

...and picking up your later post - there's a KFC right next to Ashton Gate.
There is Darren. Sadly at the opposite end of the ground where the away fans are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here