Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To lose GM once may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose him twice looks like carelessness

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
acually, doesnt he have a record of being poor the season after signing?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can say it as often as you like, and still be wrong. Fact is, we had one of our main strikers who went a third of a season without scoring and the other main 'striker' who contributed the number of goals all season you could count on one hand - and not even a NORWICH hand at that.

Losing 4-1 at Cardiff, 3-0 at home to Boro, an own goal at home to Wolves, and 2-0 away to Rotherham were the games that undid us.

No THPP, I am not wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't bother Thunderbolt, there are some people who go to football, and only watch the football.
Then, there are those of us , who go to the football and watch the whole game, the runs off the ball, the pulling defenders out of position, the amazing work they put in for the benefit of the team.
I would think that's why some appreciate Baldock, and some don't.

I know THPP, he's a good friend of mine. He does watch the games but likes a bit of a wind up at times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't bother Thunderbolt, there are some people who go to football, and only watch the football.
Then, there are those of us , who go to the football and watch the whole game, the runs off the ball, the pulling defenders out of position, the amazing work they put in for the benefit of the team.
I would think that's why some appreciate Baldock, and some don't.

You're obviously very bright. All these brilliant forwards who are constantly holding the ball up and/or running off the ball: who are they doing it FOR?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We've been through all this before. But to recap for the hard of thinking...

What did Hemed do for the first half of last season?

What did Baldock do for the whole of last season?

Bearing in mind we missed out on promotion by the slimmest of goal margins due to misfiring 'strikers', I'll take your nagging as worthless happy-clapping. My bad.

So, what you're saying is...

1. That for the first half of the season (you know, the one where we went 4 month undefeated) Baldock and Hemed were rubbish.
2. Then we got in Skalak and Knockaert as providers, and we scored for fun.
3. With the same providers in situ, Glenn Murray is also scoring for fun.

Do you see what's going on here?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
850049_R_Z001

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Why do people constantly go on about lack of goals, need a striker. Look at last years table and tell me where it shows that. As others have said we were joint top scorers. It was a our defence that cost us in the end, too many goals conceded. Yes one more goal would have made a difference but that doesn't mean it had to be scored, one less goal conceded would have made just as much impact.

This year we have conceded far less goals than any of the teams around us, we have 10 clean sheets the most in all the football leagues, so if this is the way Chris is going, long may it continue. Just please get off this, it was the strikers that cost us bus.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Until I saw this thread Id forgotten he wasn't ours!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You're obviously very bright. All these brilliant forwards who are constantly holding the ball up and/or running off the ball: who are they doing it FOR?

Thank you for the compliment, I think 'very bright' is an exaggeration, just bright would have been fine.
You do realise Murray has to play with other players and they, in turn actually have an effect on the game? If they didn't, Glenn would not get the goals he does. Next time you go, just watch how much work Baldock doe, I imagine Murray really appreciates it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
So, what you're saying is...

1. That for the first half of the season (you know, the one where we went 4 month undefeated) Baldock and Hemed were rubbish.
2. Then we got in Skalak and Knockaert as providers, and we scored for fun.
3. With the same providers in situ, Glenn Murray is also scoring for fun.

Do you see what's going on here?

Baldock and Hemed have NEVER scored for fun, with or without providers. They're both TOILERS at this level. Apologies, but sometimes you have to be a wee bit objective about these things. The alternative is you end up hanging onto, say. CMS, for a couple of seasons past his score-by date.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thank you for the compliment, I think 'very bright' is an exaggeration, just bright would have been fine.
You do realise Murray has to play with other players and they, in turn actually have an effect on the game? If they didn't, Glenn would not get the goals he does. Next time you go, just watch how much work Baldock doe, I imagine Murray really appreciates it

I'm pretty sure Murray appreciates Skalak and Knockaert WAY more than he does Baldock.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Baldock and Hemed have NEVER scored for fun, with or without providers. They're both TOILERS at this level. Apologies, but sometimes you have to be a wee bit objective about these things. The alternative is you end up hanging onto, say. CMS, for a couple of seasons past his score-by date.

I said WE scored for fun, as I believe that strikers do more than just score goals, as defenders do more than just stop goals.

This is the table from last year from when we had both Skalak and Knockaert. Spot anything?

Screen Shot 2016-11-01 at 13.38.57.png

(I've said it before though - had we got Murray in January, I believe we'd be in the Premier League now)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'm pretty sure Murray appreciates Skalak and Knockaert WAY more than he does Baldock.

We get it, you don't like Hemed or Baldock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here