Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Halloween, so what's your favourite horror movie?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Can anyone recommend a genuinely scary horror film? Haven't seen a film that actually made me jump since I watched the Japanese version of the Ring ages ago...

The Shrine is pretty gruesome and unpredictable. For a low budget film it scared the sh1t out of me.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hellraiser 2
The hills have eyes(original)
The Audition
28 days later
Alien
Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2.
Day of the Dead.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
If people like Comedy-horror then a couple that defy explanation are Sharknado and Zombeaver. Also the classic Bad Taste.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Lots of stone cold classics mentioned but one a bit more modern I enjoyed was the conjuring.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Summer Holiday is my least favourite.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Poltergeist for me was far to young to be watching that another one was IT by Steven King.But the one that made me have to sleep with a light on for a few nights has to be the 1st nightmare on elm street.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1st nightmare on elm street.

Touche, made me jump a few times
freddykrueger.gif

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[yt]lSy7DldFdUI[/yt]

Good horror films are so few and far between. I found this one quite unsettling though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really do not get the genre either, people who are scared of films about ghosts and monsters especially adults need to have a long, hard look at themselves. The only things that are scary to me are things that could potentially happen. There is a brilliant episode of Luther where a man hides under a woman's bed and then creeps out from under it, now that to me is PROPER horror because it is in the realms of possibility. Not a story about a house with a ****ing old ghost in it.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've never liked horror fillums that just try and make you jump; I don't find being made to jump (like when the alien comes out of that egg thing in Alien) scary, it just annoys the **** out of me.
Wifey and I watched the Blair Witch Project after all the hype; what a load of old toilet, some bint filming herself going "oh ****ing hell" a lot. No thanks.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm going to nominate Duel, the 70's film about the psycho lorry driver. Only a 15 cert I think, but for tension, it's up there. Not sure it totally falls into the 'Horror' category but...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here