Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bbc sussex

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't know. I seem to remember when I lived in Liverpool, I could set Sussex or the se as my local TV channel?
This would be SKY. All local TV can be found at 951 upwards.
For those with someone living locally who want BBC Sussex anywhere in the world I would suggest a slingbox with a cheap freeview box. I do this for someone who can listen in any time anywhere. Probably illegal though to retransmit local radio. It also sends all TV channels as well and the viewer can change channels remotely.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This would be SKY. All local TV can be found at 951 upwards.
For those with someone living locally who want BBC Sussex anywhere in the world I would suggest a slingbox with a cheap freeview box. I do this for someone who can listen in any time anywhere. Probably illegal though to retransmit local radio. It also sends all TV channels as well and the viewer can change channels remotely.
Yeah you're probably correct. Memory plays up a little these days!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tune in radio being probably the best Internet radio app.

Problem is match commentary is not broadcast on the internet via BBC Sussex due to some sort of rights issue. As far as I'm aware commentary is only available via FM or Dab, reception for which you can only get locally.

Not sure how you managed listening like that 3 years ago as it was the same then as well, so far as I'm aware.

If it was the match selected for radio 5 live or 5 extra, thus freely available everywhere, would it then be also available on BBC Sussex outside the county? After all, if it is on free radio, there's not much point in blocking it on BBC Sussex.

Also, it may have been just luck. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes someone forgets to switch off the BBC Sussex on-line transmission, so although it says 'not available on-line', actually it is..

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If it was the match selected for radio 5 live or 5 extra, thus freely available everywhere, would it then be also available on BBC Sussex outside the county? After all, if it is on free radio, there's not much point in blocking it on BBC Sussex.

Also, it may have been just luck. It doesn't happen very often, but sometimes someone forgets to switch off the BBC Sussex on-line transmission, so although it says 'not available on-line', actually it is..

I mean if it's on 5 Live could you not just listen on that anyway, regardless of the BBC Sussex availability?

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Not so.Local DAB does broadcast BBC Sussex commentary. Not sure whether BBC Sussex on Freeview does.

Yes it does, as long as you get your Freeview from the Rowridge, Hannington, Midhurst, Bluebell Hill, Dover, Heathfield or Whitehawk Hill transmitter.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Two very good points.

As for the latter. Technical hitches are something of a BBC Sussex speciality, so yes, I suppose that 'switch over' mistake could well have been a possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here