Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Saturday's game potentially season defining?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just another 3 points to play for nothing more nothing less.

If this was easter weekend with games running out then the importance would be greater but a game in October being season defining? You must be looking for a job for Sky or BT, to ensure the hyperbole is raised for games such as Luton v Orient

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Norwich are having a wobble, with the fans unhappy with AN. As someone on their forum says: ‘Alex Neil has a garage of flash cars but doesn’t know how to drive them’

They've just had a tough match against Leeds...and lost when they should have won easily.

They are leaking goals like no ones business.

However

We know in this league anything can happen and they do have quality players all over the pitch. The key for me will be how well we deal with their wingers Brady and Hoolahan.
The battle between Hoolahan and Anthony will be fascinating and could be the tipping point in the game.

I believe this is a great chance for us to beat a team that is expected to be challenging for the top two, you can probably add Hudders and sneeky Sheff Wed as well - they are only 4 pts behind us so it's all very tight!

I believe we'll win, one thing we cannot afford to do is lose - even at this stage of the season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's a yardstick.
To be able to beat one of the 2 best teams in the league, who have just come down and with all the parachute payments would fill the squad, club and fans with confidence and that's what it's all about.
Not a season definer of course because injuries to key players can really affect any team but it will create a real buzz for everyone if we can win,

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It's a yardstick.
To be able to beat one of the 2 best teams in the league, who have just come down and with all the parachute payments would fill the squad, club and fans with confidence and that's what it's all about.
Not a season definer of course because injuries to key players can really affect any team but it will create a real buzz for everyone if we can win,

Why are Norwich one of the 2 best teams! Says who?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it is season-defining. When you look back at last season you think of points dropped at home to Burnely and Boro as being key.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why are Norwich one of the 2 best teams! Says who?

I was expecting that, and you are right to ask, they are below us at the moment and have just lost at home to Preston.
But there is this opinion with a lot of people that Norwich and Newcastle are going straight back up, ex prem, parachute payments etc etc and they have been right up there until recently.
As usual nobody is giving us a chance, so for those reasons i said what i did, its all about beating, on paper, one of the most fancied teams to go straight back up.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
My feeling at this early stage is, if we finish above Newcastle or Norwich, we'll win promotion. Season definer? No. But a win would go a helluva long way to achieve that.

A long way to go, things could change and they'll be twists and turns but that's just my mind set at the moment

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need to be taking points off any of the teams in the top six this season, as this will definitely help the points tally, and give us something that we defintely lacked last season.
At least we've beaten one side in the top six this season (Huddersfield) so far. Beating Norwich would be a great result in the context of the whole season :) UTA!!

Two, Sheffield Wednesday.

***Pedant alert***

When we played them, and won, Barnsley were 4th while the Albion were all the way down in 7th.

We were struggling in 13th when Brentford handed out a lesson in finishing.
Oh the humanity.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Big game Saturday.We need to capitalise on the fact that we are in good form & they are on the back of 2 defeats.
What we need to address is the feeling that Newcastle are already up.
They are 3 points above us which is effectively their win against us.If we were to win the reverse fixture we would be level on points.
Game on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have to say I really couldn't give a flying chuff about England v Scotland and fully expect Scotland to win.
And it's all to qualify for a competition that probably won't happen anyway. Well, Russia will play, their mates China and North Korea and perhaps Qatar.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I see in my crystal ball a hard but exciting game. Norwich will go one up but the mighty Albion will respond in the second half through Knockhaert and Murray. 2-1 the good guys. Arse clenching but ultimately pleasurable. Bring on Saturday.

Season defining, yes.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This might sound a big crazy but I think Norwich need this game more than we do.
What better way to get over a home defeat against a so called weaker team than a game away at one of your
Promotion rivals.That is not taking into account their midweek cup defeat at Leeds.
I don't know how many or their 1st teamers were on show at Leeds but I do know that Pritchard played 120 mins.I also know that whatever team Norwich put out against us they will not be as fresh as we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here