Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking dead

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
I never thought I would be a fan of a zombie based series....ever.
I hadn't watched a single minute of a single episode until mid February, when my misses at last managed to persuade me to give it a go.
I've now watched all 7 series in around 12 weeks.Having a bit of time off work helped.

Possibly the most compelling thing I've ever watched.
Fit birds in it too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Negan to Sasha "You must have some beach ball size lady nuts" is possibly one of the best sentences ever.
Negan had loads of good lines.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
I never thought I would be a fan of a zombie based series....ever.
I hadn't watched a single minute of a single episode until mid February, when my misses at last managed to persuade me to give it a go.
I've now watched all 7 series in around 12 weeks.Having a bit of time off work helped.

Possibly the most compelling thing I've ever watched.
Fit birds in it too.

Been doing the same just started series 4 love it

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
Stay with it matbha.
Like others have said, there are some episodes where it goes backwards a little, but it really is all worth the watch...
It's a shame you're reading this thread, as it clearly gives away a few of the plots.
But plots they are.
Incredible really how the zombies become second fiddle and the story/characters come to the fore in their own way.
Just wait until you meet Negan.
Nutter.

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'm up to season six episode 15 -
Have watched with my son over the last 8 or 9 months so only managed 2 or 3 episodes a week when we've both been home at the same time. The plan was to make sure we caught up before season 8 which we should easily manage now.
Looking forward to the next 2 episodes that will watch this week (although I have seen the spoiler re Glen😩)
Can't wait to meet Negan and see how season 7 pans out in full

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I own very few boxsets.
GOT, Blackadder, Battlestar Galactica, Band of Brothers and WD.
So far don't need anything else.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Any fans of TWD should do themselves a favour and watch Train to Busan.

Superbly executed zombie film with genuine emotional heft.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I started watching this when it first came out years ago! Think life got in the way but have recently started catching up watching the included in prime option on Amazon. On Season 6 now, love it. Looking forward to the train home to watch another episode.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Did you also see Wyrmwood? Brilliant low budget mad max-esque with a bit of a spin on the zombie genre.

Ah, no, but I was put onto it recently having seen a clip of the forthcoming Wyrmwood tv series. I'll definitely give it a go.

There's also an animated prequel to Train to Busan that I'm yet to get round to watching.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I found TWD initially enjoyable, but now it seems formulaic and uses violence as a substitute for meaningful dialogue and character development.

The show also seems to tread water at times whilst we have 2-3 episodes about a back story of tenuous link to the main plot.

I watch it only when there's nothing else on my main list, but as House of Cards is back tonight, that will take priority.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I found TWD initially enjoyable, but now it seems formulaic and uses violence as a substitute for meaningful dialogue and character development.

The show also seems to tread water at times whilst we have 2-3 episodes about a back story of tenuous link to the main plot.
That seems fair enough.

I watch it only when there's nothing else on my main list, but as House of Cards is back tonight, that will take priority.
What? Great British series, excellent first US series, but once the story had been told (cunning whip rises to power), it's just a bit crap.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That seems fair enough.

What? Great British series, excellent first US series, but once the story had been told (cunning whip rises to power), it's just a bit crap.

I enjoy the US version too. Lacks a bit of subtlety at times, but Macbethian in places.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I enjoy the US version too. Lacks a bit of subtlety at times, but Macbethian in places.
I loved the first series of the US version, but now all of the characters are bad people I don't care about, so there's no one to root for, and the story is forced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here