Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking dead

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I found TWD initially enjoyable, but now it seems formulaic and uses violence as a substitute for meaningful dialogue and character development.

The show also seems to tread water at times whilst we have 2-3 episodes about a back story of tenuous link to the main plot.

I watch it only when there's nothing else on my main list, but as House of Cards is back tonight, that will take priority.

First series of TWD was good fun but boy did it get bogged down with that series on the farm (I understand it was in the middle of a scriptwriters' strike so hence the poor output) although it did give rise to one of the most shocking moments of TV in recent years when they opened the barn doors. But then you're spot on, it is now very formulaic: Survivors ripped from sanctuary and pulled apart, seek refuge elsewhere but need to deal with a rival gang led by charismatic baddie. The first and last few episodes are where all the action is and the bits in the middle is padded out with flashbacks and ridiculous subplots. I'm going to give the second half of the latest season a chance when it's screened but unless they come up with something novel then I'm going to ditch it once and for all.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Mrs got me into this, think it took me about 6 months to get through all of the episodes. I was sceptical beforehand but now I think it's bloody brilliant.

Have also seen Fear the Walking Dead, that starts much earlier when the outbreak starts.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Mrs got me into this, think it took me about 6 months to get through all of the episodes. I was sceptical beforehand but now I think it's bloody brilliant.

Have also seen Fear the Walking Dead, that starts much earlier when the outbreak starts.

I got into this a while back and do look forward to it, I believe that they try to follow the story line in the comic.
I also watch Fear the Walking Dead as well, started very slow and the first series was testing but seems to be developing a bit now though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ it's been a while

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not seen this since episode 2 of the 1st series so can i ask what exactly are the zombies eating seeing as there are only a few humans left ?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone seen the fan theory about a cossover from FTWD to TWD?

I was sceptical of this until events in the last episode of FTWD really freaked me out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The shootout in the last series was just daft. Contrived for the sake of keeping main characters alive. Still, I've enjoyed it a lot in general, so hopefully this will be a good series.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The shootout in the last series was just daft. Contrived for the sake of keeping main characters alive. Still, I've enjoyed it a lot in general, so hopefully this will be a good series.

Let's be honest, that was nothing compared to Glen surviving under a dumpster after falling into a herd of walkers!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sometimes I feel the series just tries to be too clever for its own good*. I nearly gave up on it around season five as I just grew tired of trying to keep up with several characters story arcs when they were miles apart and occasionally only appearing once every fourth or fifth week. It would get to the point where I would have forgotten what had happened to each character by the time they reappeared. Negan reinvigorated the show for me but now this season opens with a dream/premonition/fast forward and I'm twitchy all over again. Sometimes a straightforward timeline just works. I'm also getting tired of Mrs H asking what's happening, as though I have some sort of inside track on this.

*other opinions are available.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Sometimes I feel the series just tries to be too clever for its own good*. I nearly gave up on it around season five as I just grew tired of trying to keep up with several characters story arcs when they were miles apart and occasionally only appearing once every fourth or fifth week. It would get to the point where I would have forgotten what had happened to each character by the time they reappeared. Negan reinvigorated the show for me but now this season opens with a dream/premonition/fast forward and I'm twitchy all over again. Sometimes a straightforward timeline just works. I'm also getting tired of Mrs H asking what's happening, as though I have some sort of inside track on this.

*other opinions are available.

Oh man I loved that season. Having that family suddenly torn apart and trying to find each other was brilliant TV for me.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
what did you see in ftwd? im intrigued

Avoiding possible spoilers.

Fan theory in FTWD says Madison and daughter go on to be baddies in TWD, but the biggest problem would be Madisons daughters name which is different to the baddies daughter in the comic, But.....

1 Director from TWD transfered to beef up season 3 of FTWD.

2 Last episode Alicia may have drowned and a young girl said Olah to madison on the bank of the Dam, could be taken under her wing as FTWD is set 7 years behind TWD.

3 Nicks comments to his mother twigging that he thought she was a monster after she killed Troy, like "when are you going to kill me?" or"youve lived in 2 worlds but it is this one where you have become your true self"

A Lot of the main characters in Fear are Psychopaths, Troy, Daniel, Strand, Daniels daughter, Madison's younger son. Madison got on well with them especial Troy who was one sick Puppy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here