Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P. The Jungle

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sussex survived much larger numbers of Ugandan Asian refugees and Vietnamese boat people being housed in Maresfield and Tangmere back in the 1970s. I can't see the numbers that are arriving now causing any great problems.

I hope you read my other post as my first could be misconstrued that I agreed with the bloke being interviewed, I certainly do not, in fact I find it hard to believe that people could even say it, unless of course they are not of sound mind.
I have some real issues on immigration too but even if some are older than they say, we are still removing innocent children from an awful place.
I was hoping that most replies would be at least be understanding even if they did not agree with it but very sadly they are not.

I hope you read my other post as my first could be misconstrued that I agreed with the bloke being interviewed, I certainly do not, in fact I find it hard to believe that people could even say it, unless of course they are not of sound mind.
I have some real issues on immigration too but even if some are older than they say, we are still removing innocent children from an awful place.
I was hoping that most replies would be at least be understanding even if they did not agree with it but very sadly they are not.
I'm glad that both you and I have no time for the bigot who was featured on the BBC news.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In those days we had many available properties and rightly so did our bit,but now we have bucket loads flocking in from Europe and everywhere else and our infrastructure is crumbling....Councils using private landlords at hideous costs and repossessions at a record high would suggest we have big problems ahead in this country!!!
Greedy bosses pocketing the money because they have loads of cheap labour is of an abundance in this country and they love it...Our government have been looking after the rich for far to long and change is needed.

You see I agree with all that but that is not the fault of the kids in the jungle and we have only taken 200.
I guess I am just so angry about the attitude of that moron on the news at 6. I would have liked to have punched his teeth out.
And, not that it matters or do I care but I am certainly not a yoghurt knitting liberal or peace loving left wing supporter, just someone that cares a bit especially where,OK let's call them younger people, are involved.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No one should be allowed entry to this country on an ad-hoc basis. Open borders will ruin this country. Sense not bull s**t emotion is needed right now. The jungle needs eradicating (hurrah). Make them claim asylum in France and then PROVE that they have family here. That's not your 'community family' we mean 'Blood family'. This country hasn't the infrastructure, money or indeed the ability to assist so many people. I know people who have families dating back hundreds of years and they are needing help. They need help before the economic migrant with a child. End of.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You see I agree with all that but that is not the fault of the kids in the jungle and we have only taken 200.
I guess I am just so angry about the attitude of that moron on the news at 6. I would have liked to have punched his teeth out.
And, not that it matters or do I care but I am certainly not a yoghurt knitting liberal or peace loving left wing supporter, just someone that cares a bit especially where,OK let's call them younger people, are involved.

Kids, OK - strapping young men claiming to be 'younger people'. will be fine in the French facilities set up for the 'Jungle's' former tenants.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Yes. All economic migrants. For the reason outlined in my post, which your brain selectively ignored.

If you're moving from a dangerous country to a non-dangerous country, it's refugee. If you then move between ten further safe countries, you're not a refugee anymore. You were safe from persecution ten countries back. The fact that you started your journey in a dangerous country doesn't give you the right to wander anywhere you please in the free world.

This! :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

Sussex survived much larger numbers of Ugandan Asian refugees and Vietnamese boat people being housed in Maresfield and Tangmere back in the 1970s. I can't see the numbers that are arriving now causing any great problems.

There are lots of town and cities across Europe struggling with the cultural and religious change mass immigration is now bringing them, Rome is one of them. Who is right, and who is wrong?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...authorities-avoid-youngsters-radicalised.html

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
The news coverage seems to have missed all the hundreds of women and children? They are all young males ffs!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No one should be allowed entry to this country on an ad-hoc basis. Open borders will ruin this country. Sense not bull s**t emotion is needed right now. The jungle needs eradicating (hurrah). Make them claim asylum in France and then PROVE that they have family here. That's not your 'community family' we mean 'Blood family'. This country hasn't the infrastructure, money or indeed the ability to assist so many people. I know people who have families dating back hundreds of years and they are needing help. They need help before the economic migrant with a child. End of.

This! :thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Once the Jungle is flattened, and Brexit is implemented, what is the logic of retaining a UK border in France? Surely we will have to accept that full border controls will have to be established at the UK channel ports and that people we don't wish to admit will have to be dealt with in places like Dover and Newhaven.

If people just buy a ferry ticket to Dover, will it be a straightforward job just to put the unacceptable immigrants back on the ferry to Calais? And what would happen next?

Detention centres? In France? Or in Dover? Or Newhaven?

Your an intelligent chap, can you explain why these poor souls aren't happy in France and see the UK as the finish line?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
No , I didn't realize that . i thought that most arrived in France from Italy , Greece , Austria Switzerland .

This, someone for heavens sake please explain to me why these immigrants aren't happy staying in Italy, France Switzerland etc, why do they press on to the most Northwesterly tip of Europe, it's like landing in Florida and then heading for Alaska!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This, someone for heavens sake please explain to me why these immigrants aren't happy staying in Italy, France Switzerland etc, why do they press on to the most Northwesterly tip of Europe, it's like landing in Florida and then heading for Alaska!

We are a soft touch that's why! :annoyed:

D

Deleted member 22389

If we're a such touch why do so few end up here?

Go back 15-20 years, this country has allowed in hundreds of thousands of people illegally even before Calais become a real issue. This is why today they reckon we have anything from 300,000 to 400,000 in this country with no status at all. This country has done it's part over and over again. We where dealing with migration long before it became an issue in all these other European countries.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The UK isn't always their final destination despite what a lot of posters think.
The little boy who drowned just off the coast of Greece, belonged to a family of refugees. The sister was in Canada, which was the final destination of that family. Presumably, it is easier to get to Canada from Britain than it is to be processed elsewhere in Europe.

There are no simple answers to refugees, migrants or movements of people.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, I must admit that's the first time I've ever heard that the Irish thought that the good old USA was offering benefits and housing to immigrants! They must have got a nasty shock.........!

Where did I say they were offered that? Forthe record they did offer them land. You really do just like to argue for the sake of it. You're a boring shit.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The UK isn't always their final destination despite what a lot of posters think.
The little boy who drowned just off the coast of Greece, belonged to a family of refugees. The sister was in Canada, which was the final destination of that family. Presumably, it is easier to get to Canada from Britain than it is to be processed elsewhere in Europe.

There are no simple answers to refugees, migrants or movements of people.
I don't think that explanation makes any sense actually.

This type of argument always seems to start and end the same way. It starts with people feeling bad about the Calais situation, believing they should be let into the UK, and dismissing any opposition as racist, stupid and unsympathetic. Then, when they are asked why a refugee would want to leave France for the UK , they cite the complexity of the situation and impossibility of knowing all the reasons for travel.

Bottom line is, they want to get here because it would improve their personal circumstances, and it has nothing to do with asylum, because France is a safe country! If they actually have relatives in the UK and want to stay with them, then they should have registered as asylum seekers in the first safe country they enter and then travel to the UK by legitimate means.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here