Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Addiction

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Watching him trying to stand up last night singing "against all odds"on Jonathon Ross show I'd have guessed he may have sunk a few before going on
He may be best of sitting down behind his drums in future
Looked an old man struggling to sing, think he'll struggle doing 5 nights at the royal Albert hall next summer, that's if he makes it to his STILL NOT DEAD TOUR bit of a weird title seeing as David Guest did a similar wording with his tour and passed away before it had begun
I thought this too

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But stopping smoking completely is total abstinence. My question is could someone just have a few fags from time to time and never take it up regularly again.

With smoking i don't think it is possible,i am a smoker and that prospect would for me lead to starting again......think it has something linked to-want need and desire.

Why would you want to do anything you were addicted to in the first place once you had stopped.

I fully understand the point you raise,it's a moderation thing,i guess the only way to beat an addiction is to fully stop and never go back to what you were addicted too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I thought he was hammered!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I tought that as well, it was sad seeing him look so frail. I am reading his autobiography at the moment, despite the fame and money and everything that goes with it, I would not swap places, one unhappy bunny and blames no one but himself.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Possible definition, Alcoholics don't think they are alcoholics and heavy drinkers think they are alcoholics?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Widening the topic .. NSC is quite addictive. Are there any support groups? Is total abstinence the only cure?

I find self imposed banning orders are one such way of coping,mine normally last a week or so........ The OP went missing for weeks after Brexit,to the point we were all worried...doubt he was though,probably at a rave in Berlin or something.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I never saw the programme but my first question would be..............

Has he got a new album coming out or a tour coming up ?

That usually when people's ''former'' (and I use the word ''former'' loosely) addictions seem to all of a sudden be something they want to share with the public. Gets a nice sympathy vote that they have turned their lives around

Very few of them seem to want to discuss so readily at the time and to be honest very few of them stay sober or drug free for long. I think Billy Connolly was one of the few exceptions

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I find self imposed banning orders are one such way of coping,mine normally last a week or so........ The OP went missing for weeks after Brexit,to the point we were all worried...doubt he was though,probably at a rave in Berlin or something.

We were all worried? Expect it was more the something :D

Seem to remember a Mod or Bozza saying some people request to have their accounts deleted or IP address blocked.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We were all worried? Expect it was more the something :D

Seem to remember a Mod or Bozza saying some people request to have their accounts deleted or IP address blocked.

Well a few of us then as the other bit.......i have no idea.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In my opinion depends on the person and their make up. I believe addicts can curb their addictions and still partake but for some people it's all in or not at all

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well a few of us then as the other bit.......i have no idea.

I was away during the referendum. Got back and couldn't be arsed to post given the climat and my disappointment. This is all. I then went on another break and got bored lying on a beach and started posting again. Anyway, let's get back on track there's too many EU threads on here.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was away during the referendum. Got back and couldn't be arsed to post given the climat and my disappointment. This is all. I then went on another break and got bored lying on a beach and started posting again. Anyway, let's get back on track there's too many EU threads on here.

Well that's fair enough,however i was expecting pictures from atop an open top bus surrounded by scantily clad ladies,drinking at that rave in Berlin...

I guess it's at what stage does one become an addict? rather than a casual user/drinker/smoker or whatever..

An addiction is something that a person cannot go without when the opportunity presents it's self yet at the same time the opportunity need not be present and can be called upon into the addicts reality in order for it to happen...

Its a tough one for not all addiction is the same..

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I smoke and believe me it's bloody difficult to stop and even when I have managed it it never left me and it only took a crisis to throw me back in. And yes, I do know it's killing me.

I was a seriously heavy smoker until 15 years ago , 40 a day average and if I woke up at 3 in the morning I'd have a fag before I went back to sleep , if you WANT to give up you will , I used patches as a crutch (got prescribed them so cheaper) , I thought I'd never enjoy a drink again but I soon did , in short , I know it's hard , but it's very achievable if you want it ,feel free to PM me because there is lots of advice that is better explained personally.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I used to leave a Phil Collin's CD on prominent display in my car, my car was never stolen or broken in to.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here