Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the point in Rugby League ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not a great lover of either form of rugby but think that League is much easier to follow from an outsiders view.

That's why it's so much more popular up North :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I just wish they'd merge the two codes. Both have something to offer and they don't need to be competing for the best rugby players. I'm sure they'd all rather be taking part in a much bigger professional game.

Each code has its own traditions and rugby league clubs are an important part of many local communities. I have some friends for whom it is a big part of their social lives. I don't think it necessary to make changes just for the top end of the game or for sky to create another cash cow. It's not all about the elite.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Mine too, well my father in law is a big Wigan fan. It does flow but I miss the tackling. I don't know if it's prejudice but I can't ever see the appeal. I like union though.

It pees me off when radio five give it big coverage. It's so narrow in its appeal which is almost exclusively Lancashire and Yorkshire. I demand top coverage for stoolball. It's only fair.

The way Sky are going against BT, your wish may be granted sooner than you think

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've never really understood the appeal of the game.
It looks like a game that was made up for training sessions. start stop, start stop, start stop, start kick.

I actually like Rugby League better than Rugby Union but I did live in Leeds for 4 years and used to go and watch Hunslet most weeks. I understand the rues but Rugby Union I don't understand all of the rules.

Also a friend of mine her Dad was a ''Barbarian'' in the 1960s

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here