Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JD Wetherspoon.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Driving home through East Grinstead Monday, Wife and I were peckish. Could have had fish & chips £10, Mac D £12, KFC £11 but chose burger and drink in Spoons £14.50 and get to sit down in a warm place.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My friends are going, but not staying. Last time I went to The Orchard Inn, near Nova Scotia, really good beer and friendly locals
Wish I was going, but it clashes with something else unfortunately
Orchard is a cider house, not that close to Nova Scotia.... 15 minute walk at least... Cottage is closer...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Orchard is a cider house, not that close to Nova Scotia.... 15 minute walk at least... Cottage is closer...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh? Maybe it was the Cottage then .... it was on a corner in a bit of a back street, did sell Thatchers, but I had Tribute which was gorgeous

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Oh? Maybe it was the Cottage then .... it was on a corner in a bit of a back street, did sell Thatchers, but I had Tribute which was gorgeous

The Cottage is not in a back street, it overlooks the harbour, well worth a visit when you are next in Bristol.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have heard some very similar opinions of this place from Kingston residents.
I do visit occasionally but this place is nowhere as good as nearby pubs like The Swan Lewes and The Abergavenny Arms in Rodmell.

Juggs has microwaved food. Heard from someone who worked there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The first pub I came across with micro wave was The Birdcage Stamford Hill in 1969 where the land lady cooked a massive amount of veg and potatoes plus a joint of beef lamb pork and chicken legs on Sunday morning then served them with the potatoes deep fried as a roast everyday of the week.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The one near-ish to me appears to never have staff who've worked there before. Either that or they have the flashy thing from Men In Black and use it every evening. They've no idea of the food menu, the beers they stock (tap or bottle), special offers, etc.

Food is going down hill at a phenomenal rate. Its the occasional (when the staff member has heard of it, knows where the tap is, etc) Jaipur for £1.74 equivalent that has me going back occasionally.

Its in a warehouse of a former nightclub in a shopping centre - which once had a terrible "beauty contest" that ended up with a thread on here to vote for the swamp monsters. Can't find it currently.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After JDW having their application for conversion of The Priory in Haywards Heath rejected I noticed there are planning notices on the fences for conversion to flats again. I assume the outline will remain as I thought that it was a listed building.

Just read the application 41 flats/houses in one part and 12 in the other making a total of 53 dwellings.plus parking and landscaping I wonder if they will be upmarket places costing a fortune or affordable housing for council or housing associations costing less of a fortune.initially. How many parking spaces do you need provide for 53 residences where most are 2 bedroom plus 100?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
On the way back yesterday, a decision was taken to celebrate the win/break the journey up by having a couple in Wetherspoon's by Eastbourne station for 20 minutes. First time this season I'd drunk in there.

'The London & County' is a Lloyds No 1 Bar, not a full scale Wetherspoon's. Looks just like a Wetherspoon's, smells like a Wetherspoon's but seems to play music and charges £3.75 for a pint of Guinness?! How is that the same 'value for money' as a normal Wetherspoon's?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The one at Heathrow T5 is closed having a refurb. I never thought I'd be disappointed about a 'spoons being closed.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I was having my Thursday Curry last night in Littlehampton at about 7.00pm and the main man himself walked in and asked me about the food etc in the pub then went round the kitchens etc and shook hands with various drinkers who recognised him.
Seems a real nice bloke

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just read the application 41 flats/houses in one part and 12 in the other making a total of 53 dwellings.plus parking and landscaping I wonder if they will be upmarket places costing a fortune or affordable housing for council or housing associations costing less of a fortune.initially. How many parking spaces do you need provide for 53 residences where most are 2 bedroom plus 100?
priory has just been bought again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find much of the 'Spoons Sneerfest laughable, and based on nothing more than abject snobbery. Don't really get the resentment at being able to drink a bottle of imported Asian beer or a can of the latest Craft darling at the price it probably should have been pitched at in the first place. Guess it all comes down to a snotty resentment of the people you are forced to rub shoulders with in a 'Spoons. Which is in the main your normal average person, much like you'd encounter and quite rightly not even notice at football. Word with yourselves? ???

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I find much of the 'Spoons Sneerfest laughable, and based on nothing more than abject snobbery. Don't really get the resentment at being able to drink a bottle of imported Asian beer or a can of the latest Craft darling at the price it probably should have been pitched at in the first place. Guess it all comes down to a snotty resentment of the people you are forced to rub shoulders with in a 'Spoons. Which is in the main your normal average person, much like you'd encounter and quite rightly not even notice at football. Word with yourselves? ???

I'm hardly a snob. I'd happily have a sausage roll swilled down with a lagar as a gourmet meal, have stuck up for the much maligned Burger King on here and drink in my local which looks pretty much like in did in the 60s. If I find my local spoons to be a shit hole, infested by the dregs of society that's because it probably is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here