Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For crying out loud more sodding noise from Preston Park....

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That's the joy and despair of Brighton. Lots going on and loads to do and see but nobody gives a **** about their neighbours. The exact reason I left.

Hows it to do with neighbours it was a well publicised organised display in a large park

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hows it to do with neighbours it was a well publicised organised display in a large park

I'm talking in both the immediate and wider sense. But I meant more his reference to the 5am fireworks,a number of my chums who live in that area were also somewhat pissed off with someone letting fireworks off at 5 AM. What I mean by neighbours not caring is that lots of people in that area are commuting to London each day, Saturday is their first of only two mornings a week they don't have to get up at 5am. A bit selfish of the fireworkers is all.
After many years of living in different areas of Brighton and putting up with this kind of thing I moved elsewhere in Sussex. One of the main reasons was this selfishness annoyed me. That and there's too many Too Cool For School knob'eds.

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Fair enough i thought it was on the main topic i hadnt spotted that. Thats not only inconsiderate but i believe against the law. I know its meant to be no later than 11pm. Im sure theres an earliest time too which 5am would definitely be outside of.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It's bonfire night. It's not Hallowen.

Whar is it this time? Exactly 7223 months since Kennedy was shot?

#justaplacetolive.

I think you should call the cops. I've just been in the park and people are running round disguised as bottles of beer. i nearly choked on my Special Brew

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparently it was caused by the sound of grown men sobbing as they read something called "Half-time with Hodges". They were crying over the memories of the English language being destroyed yet again in The Brighton and Hove News

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm talking in both the immediate and wider sense. But I meant more his reference to the 5am fireworks,a number of my chums who live in that area were also somewhat pissed off with someone letting fireworks off at 5 AM. What I mean by neighbours not caring is that lots of people in that area are commuting to London each day, Saturday is their first of only two mornings a week they don't have to get up at 5am. A bit selfish of the fireworkers is all.

Just for the record, is there a list of sounds and associated acceptable times anywhere that we can consult before unwittingly disturbing London commuters in their new-found dormitory town with advantageous property prices?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just for the record, is there a list of sounds and associated acceptable times anywhere that we can consult before unwittingly disturbing London commuters in their new-found dormitory town with advantageous property prices?

Couple of points there: firstly, no, just be considerate, you'd have to be a bit of a penis to argue fireworks, in a residential area at 5am is considerate.
Secondly "new found dormitory town". Hmm, well the people I'm referring to were all either born in Brighton or have lived there for at least 20 years. So it's certainly not a "new found" area for them. Have you considered the idea that you can live in Brighton long term and work elsewhere?

Personally I knew what Brighton was like, I enjoyed it's atmosphere for the best part of twenty years and then grew out of the noise, the crowds, the high prices and the grubby streets. I knew that's what Brighton is. Some people love it, love the atmosphere but get annoyed at fireowrks at 5am. They love it enough to poke up with that though, fairs.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Couple of points there: firstly, no, just be considerate, you'd have to be a bit of a penis to argue fireworks, in a residential area at 5am is considerate.
Secondly "new found dormitory town". Hmm, well the people I'm referring to were all either born in Brighton or have lived there for at least 20 years. So it's certainly not a "new found" area for them. Have you considered the idea that you can live in Brighton long term and work elsewhere?

Personally I knew what Brighton was like, I enjoyed it's atmosphere for the best part of twenty years and then grew out of the noise, the crowds, the high prices and the grubby streets. I knew that's what Brighton is. Some people love it, love the atmosphere but get annoyed at fireowrks at 5am. They love it enough to poke up with that though, fairs.

Realistically, how often are you going to hear fireworks at 5am? Once a year? Once a decade? And does it really matter? It's not a 'normal' town, never was, hopefully never will be. Not sure anyway about the oblique reference to 5am fireworks, but Timmy was moaning about a free organised family-orientated firework festival (and associated free admission funfair that had been running since the afternoon) that started at 8pm and finished circa 8.15pm on a Saturday night. Really does make you despair sometimes. Some people simply don't DESERVE to live here.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Realistically, how often are you going to hear fireworks at 5am? Once a year? Once a decade? And does it really matter? It's not a 'normal' town, never was, hopefully never will be. Not sure anyway about the oblique reference to 5am fireworks, but Timmy was moaning about a free organised firework festival (and associated free admission funfair that had been running since the afternoon) that started at 8pm and finished circa 8.15pm on a Saturday night. Really does make you despair sometimes. Some people simply don't DESERVE to live here.

I apologise, the 5am fireworks was not on this thread but on another forum. You are right, if one doesn't want the noise then don'tlive around Brighton. That's not easily remembered at 5am on your first lie in I suppose.
Even though I got fed up with Brighton, I would not object to evening fireworks.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
The fireworks were amazing, my two little boys loved it, was best display I've seen in ages!

Well done to the locals around Preston park who had to put up with a 15 minute fireworks display �� !

Thread starter wins the grumpiest person in Brighton award , so please move to bexhill as Brighton to fun for YOU

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_5367.JPG

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The fireworks were amazing, my two little boys loved it, was best display I've seen in ages!

Well done to the locals around Preston park who had to put up with a 15 minute fireworks display �� !

Thread starter wins the grumpiest person in Brighton award , so please move to bexhill as Brighton to fun for YOU

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. When I moved to Brighton in the 80s the local pub had all 3 emergency services outside on a regular basis so I never expected peace and quiet. There are a lot of musicians in the area. One morning I found 3 pirates sitting on the pavement outside drinking cans of beer. I love it. The only really annoying neighbours I remember were teachers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here