Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert - Does he start against Wigan?

Does Knockaert Start?

• YES - Play your strongest team!

Votes: 99 75.0%
  • NO - Norwich at home is more important, don't risk him.

Votes: 33 25.0%

• Total voters

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Not quite...it would mean Norwich got 0 points as well. Our results against the top teams last year weren't great. We need to rectify this to get promoted. Wigan is an important game but Norwich even more so.
Also, this is a squad game and we have able replacements. It begs the question, if you wouldn't rest him for Wigan whilst on 4 yellows with Norwich the following week then when would you rest him ?

Playing Knockaert doesn't guarantee a win in any game. I'm a firm believer in playing your best team in the league regardless of opposition, maybe take him off if we look comfortable, but I'm sure Chris isn't even entertaining the thought of dropping him, especially since we are coming off the back of an international break.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
On 4 yellow cards, 1 away from a suspension with Norwich to come after. Does Hughton risk him getting a yellow or save him for Norwich?
I'm not going to be as dismissive. I think it's a fair question and tactically not a bad proposition.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He had a break recently and was very effective at Hillsborough. I say play him. Wigan have only lost one game at home this season, so we don't want to settle for a draw, but to win.

Aye there's been two international breaks and a third on the way :moo:
...u can see why the OP is asking but do we also say he should avoid any training just in case of injury etc etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One things for certain:-

Whatever CH decides to do, it'll be the right move to make.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nope. He's played a lot of football so could do with a break, he's not as effective away from home anyway, and Norwich is a HUGE game. Murphy and Skalak for me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pocognoli start on the left actually - not something I would do, but wouldn't surprise me

Fullbacks in midfield? Are you BG's second account?!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Erm no. He started numerous games in that position - before Knockaert joined obviously.
He went to LB when Bong was crocked, then got injured himself, long before Knocky arrived. That was when we lost umpteen (OK, I don't remember the exact number) on the trot).

Came on as sub - a few. Started? Not many.

Stumpy Tim

He went to RB when Bong was crocked, then got injured himself, long before Knocky arrived. That was when we lost umpteen (OK, I don't remember the exact number) on the trot).
He definitely played right midfield more than right back. In fact, I don't think he ever actually played right back as he went to left back when Bong got injured

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He definitely played right midfield more than right back. In fact, I don't think he ever actually played right back as he went to left back when Bong got injured
Misprint. Replaced Bong at LB not RB. Now corrected. Apologies for error.

Played whole matches at LB. Very well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yes. Play your strongest team every single game.

Why a professional athlete needs a rest I do not know.

Hunger and appetite as much as anything..... having a rest can re focus the mind.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Any points dropped at Wigan piles pressure on the Norwich game. A win takes the pressure off slightly. Even if he got booked and missed the game, of course we would miss him but we all thought we'd miss Stephens and Kayal too much and inevitably lose once again at :lolol:
If we had to be without him, I'd expect Murphy/Skalak to step up and provide the spark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here