Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Longest half hour in the Albion's history

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
That game was tense tense tense. I've never celebrated a goal as much as I did Reinelt's that day(although Storer's the week before was pretty close). The last 30 minutes seemed to go slower than the preceding two years of disaster and anarchy.

Did anyone go to the cup game the following season? There was a lot less in the stand than there were a few months previously. Probably a good thing we lost too.

I went to the cup game and stayed in the same pub in Hereford. i knew we were bound to lose (we were a worse team that season) but manned up and faced it anyway.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Never seen this before - 2nd most important goal in our history!

If anyone ever questions me about why I/we think football is 'important' or 'worth it' I show them this video. I then ask them if they have ever experienced such an intense explosion of joy and delirium as the holder of this phone/camera was obviously experiencing. And if they haven't - then that's what they are missing out on.

As for Hereford - it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stick up....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was 11. I'll never forget this commentary or how I felt when Robbie Reinelt scored. All my mates supported Arsenal, United or Liverpool at school.. and I took a lot of shit for being Brighton. If we had gone down I'm not sure what the future would have held. Certainly a lot of piss taking was going to come my way. That sort of thing matters to an eleven year old just as much as whether I'd even have a club to support the following season... - but that goal made me feel 10ft tall. It was love. I'll never, ever forget it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I remember buying tickets direct from Hereford as the Albion weren't selling them , bought them as I honestly thought it was a relegation out of the league party and who better to sit next to and share it with than GUPPY ?

I presume he bought a child ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Brighton's 3rd most important goal in our history:

I remember the Wigan fans singing 'good luck Brighton' after the game. The nation was behind us.

Last edited:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
There's a strange stat where Kerry Mayo scored three own goals in his career. The Albion didn't lose any of those three games.

I know the last one was at Bramhall Lane when McCammon scored, but can't remember the middle one.

I'm sure Kerry scored an own goal at Withdean against Carlisle (?) in 2000-2001. We won 4-1 if my memory is correct.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Our home record in the league after Steve Gritt took over

Hull City W 3-0
Colchester United D 1-1
Rochdale W 3-0
Hartlepool United W 5-0
Exeter City W 1-0
Swansea City W 3-2
Northampton Town W 2-1
Leyton Orient D 4-4
Cardiff City W 2-0
Barnet W 1-0
Wigan Athletic W 1-0
Doncaster Rovers W 1-0

Absolute SCENES

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Our home record in the league after Steve Gritt took over

Hull City W 3-0
Colchester United D 1-1
Rochdale W 3-0
Hartlepool United W 5-0
Exeter City W 1-0
Swansea City W 3-2
Northampton Town W 2-1
Leyton Orient D 4-4
Cardiff City W 2-0
Barnet W 1-0
Wigan Athletic W 1-0
Doncaster Rovers W 1-0

Absolute SCENES

And Chris tuck, Stuart's brother wore his lucky gloves at every game. Twenty years eh. Surely there's going to be something to commemorate this at the Amex. A pitch side reunion?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
League Table when Gritt took over:

030 (1).jpg

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
What a day the thing that stands out for me was at half time I have never in my life seen so many people so distraught still have my ticket two of the lads we went down with bought there tickets on the day from some Hereford scroat and that was for the Hereford end.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What a day the thing that stands out for me was at half time I have never in my life seen so many people so distraught still have my ticket two of the lads we went down with bought there tickets on the day from some Hereford scroat and that was for the Hereford end.

My mate was in the away end too. Wouldn't of fancied that. Brilliant day in the middle of a real shit sandwich. Those 5 or so years were ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here