Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian warships passing through English Channel will we be able to see them ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm pretty sure I can see it off Hastings now headed east. This is looking out from over the East Hill.

Edit : There's now another two just behind it. Between ships 2 & 3 are what appears to be a large tug and also a large container vessel.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You can see a lot fewer ships from Brighton since they started building the wind farm. I guess they've been pushed further out.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm pretty sure I can see it off Hastings now headed east. This is looking out from over the East Hill.

Edit : There's now another two just behind it. Between ships 2 & 3 are what appears to be a large tug and also a large container vessel.

Why would it be headed east?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Perhaps they can collect a few of the migrants trying to cross The Chanel in rubber rings and take them back to warsaw ???

Brexit means brexit

Regards
DR

I think they would be arriving by the more conventional route.

Come on, Das, you can do better than that.

Much love,

BL

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I tried this yesterday, then realised that military vessels on active service are hardly likely to advertise themselves are they, friend od foe?

i would expect they do have a transponder on when sailing peacefully through normal shipping lanes.

any sign of Corbyn and McDonnell giving a salute?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Getting very busy now!

Another, what my untrained eye would call a warship, has appeared in view from the East now. That makes 5 warship looking thingies, a big container vessel and two other ships (one tug looking and the other a bit similar but not the same).

So 8 big ships currently in view, but I can't vouch for the identity of any as I know bugger all about ships and my binoculars are just bog standard.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

It should be heading west - it's off to the Mediterranean.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It should be heading west - it's off to the Mediterranean.

I know. See post above.

I think all the excitment has got me all in a muddle :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If seen off Hastings this would be the 'gap' behind the Concorde. Misty here in Brighton and the rigs out in the wind farm are only just visable so not much hope here of seeing anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here