Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
the-battle-of-trafalgar-2-30-pm-L.jpg
Trafalgar Day today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This day has been suggested by many when asking about an additional Bank holiday to have the same number as most European countries but I suppose with Brexit we shall have to continue to go from August to Christmas without a bank holiday.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This day has been suggested by many when asking about an additional Bank holiday to have the same number as most European countries but I suppose with Brexit we shall have to continue to go from August to Christmas without a bank holiday.

Yes, though I think we should have another one in the summer personally, perhaps early July?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

This was Nelson's attempt at Brexit.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No - it was Nelson's attempt to prevent Frexit - completed by Wellington 10 years later at Waterloo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, it's all down to Brexit that we can't have another Bank Holiday!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
On the contrary, France didn't want a Frexit, they wanted closer political union, with the whole of Europe controlled from Paris (as opposed to Brussels now)!

The massive difference being that all nations are represented in Brussels and the actual location of the European parliament is irrelevant. Unfortunately not recognised by many xenophobes.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No - it was Nelson's attempt to prevent Frexit - completed by Wellington 10 years later at Waterloo.

Definitely Brexit, as the Spanish fleet were heavily involved.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Another excuse to show the nation's favourite painting...

image.jpeg

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
The British were dicks, constantly attacking France and paying for other countries to attempt invasions of France all because the french had deposed there royal family instead believing in liberty, equality, fraternity. Funnily enough the power elite over here didn't want those ideas to cross the channel.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A total smash up by Horatio that means we don't have to speak French in this country. Well done big fella.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The British were dicks, constantly attacking France and paying for other countries to attempt invasions of France all because the french had deposed there royal family instead believing in liberty, equality, fraternity. Funnily enough the power elite over here didn't want those ideas to cross the channel.

The French got rid of their king and found themselves an emperor. Are you saying Napoleon Bonaparte was a good guy?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like a good thread to pay homage to my favourite pre-match pub over the years (not so often these days, sadly...)

you-also-have-cycle-parking.jpg

2116094_5a2d7ea9.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here