Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No official Question Time thread?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
this is what you people do so well, you twist the truth.you hate the facts.
she was booed because she claimed she was no longer welcome here, she claimed 52% of the voters no longer wanted her here, she claimed the majority of the people voted against (specifically) the poles.....she deserved to be booed, ....she played a ridiculous victim card

Well 52% of people, it turns out, voted for her to be used as a pawn in a negotiation. That's what she should have said because it's still completely shit.

I remember before the referendum quite a few people in or pan-European workforce were worried that if we were to leave the EU that they might be sent packing. I told them they were being stupid and now nearly 5 months further on, our position shows no sign of being cleared up. That's not a nice place to be.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So you thought last nights audience were perfectly intelligent, reasonable and opening people?

This is why you lost the referendum

You have just described the people of hartlepool as unintelligent, unreasonable, and closed minded.......is it any wonder you are considered out of touch

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You have just described the people of hartlepool as unintelligent, unreasonable, and closed minded.......is it any wonder you are considered out of touch

I think that is fair comment - they are no less intelligent than people anywhere else. Where you are wrong is to call Clarke a cvnt. He's an honourable man doing his best by his constituents, and was easily the best of a bad bunch in Major's government.

Anyway, what is disappointing me in all of this is the fact that more wasn't made of what the Greek chap said. It disappointed me that somebody with no political attachment looking in from the outside wasn't being heard when he highlighted the fact that we simply don't know what Brexit is being voted for. Accepting that the Brexit referendum is binding, he is right to point out that the electorate deserves clarity over precisely what is being negotiated. That we are being asked to just "trust" a bunch of people to do it, without any sort of accountability is absolutely shameful.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Yeah I know, totally appreciate the anger that intelligent, reasoned and open minded debate brought out in some people. The angry vote, the repressed working class people, the forgotten ones, no one listens to us, the London elite don't listen, we want our country back, where is our democracy, lets spend the money on the NHS, lets control our borders. Very very happy to be out of touch with these people and in touch with the people who I choose as friends.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yeah I know, totally appreciate the anger that intelligent, reasoned and open minded debate brought out in some people. The angry vote, the repressed working class people, the forgotten ones, no one listens to us, the London elite don't listen, we want our country back, where is our democracy, lets spend the money on the NHS, lets control our borders. Very very happy to be out of touch with these people and in touch with the people who I choose as friends.

https://medium.com/@greenslade/the-weaponisation-of-the-working-class-adfeae345ce7#.3nnn7pjxl

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think that is fair comment - they are no less intelligent than people anywhere else. Where you are wrong is to call Clarke a cvnt. He's an honourable man doing his best by his constituents, and was easily the best of a bad bunch in Major's government.

Anyway, what is disappointing me in all of this is the fact that more wasn't made of what the Greek chap said. It disappointed me that somebody with no political attachment looking in from the outside wasn't being heard when he highlighted the fact that we simply don't know what Brexit is being voted for. Accepting that the Brexit referendum is binding, he is right to point out that the electorate deserves clarity over precisely what is being negotiated. That we are being asked to just "trust" a bunch of people to do it, without any sort of accountability is absolutely shameful.

the greek bloke is a total cvnt as well, proper trot **** cvnt.......saying that though he is very intelligent and makes some good arguments, comes across as very all over the shop though with regards to continuity of ideals

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
the greek bloke is a total cvnt as well, proper trot **** cvnt.......saying that though he is very intelligent and makes some good arguments, comes across as very all over the shop though with regards to continuity of ideals

Is everyone who disagrees with you, a cvnt?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

confirming why you lost the referendum yet again.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
no its reserved for special cases....i dont consider you to be a cvnt for example and im sure you disagree with me on the referendum
Only because I haven't been on Question TIme so represent no threat to your views.

Ultimately, you seem ludicrously black and white on the Brexit issue. It has completely divided the nation, it shouldn't be the case that 52% gets to trample all over the 48%. Sure, we should Brexit but we should have some accountability and clarity on exactly what that means as it is crystal clear that it means different things to different people.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The program served a useful purpose in showing the westminster bubble politicians how angry and disillusioned many in the public are. They may be conveniently dismissed as ignorant/misinformed etc but they seem bright enough to know what some Mp's are up to ... attempting to dilute the referendum result.

I like Ken Clarke as a person and some of his policy positions but I noticed he didn't answer the point that Cameron (and Osborne) clearly stated voting Leave meant ending Single Market membership. Was that just a remain campaign lie?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Good grief, this really has given morons everywhere a voice.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Only because I haven't been on Question TIme so represent no threat to your views.

Ultimately, you seem ludicrously black and white on the Brexit issue. It has completely divided the nation, it shouldn't be the case that 52% gets to trample all over the 48%. Sure, we should Brexit but we should have some accountability and clarity on exactly what that means as it is crystal clear that it means different things to different people.

if you want clarity
perhaps its time for all the MP`S who are either openly against Brexit or working in order that it fails to come clean.
declare what they really want

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if you want clarity
perhaps its time for all the MP`S who are either openly against Brexit or working in order that it fails to come clean.
declare what they really want
What are you talking about? You can find out for yourself who voted in and who voted out. And what is the matter with people like you who want to believe that there are people who want it to fail. What good will that do to ANYONE?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The program served a useful purpose in showing the westminster bubble politicians how angry and disillusioned many in the public are. They may be conveniently dismissed as ignorant/misinformed etc but they seem bright enough to know what some Mp's are up to ... attempting to dilute the referendum result.

I like Ken Clarke as a person and some of his policy positions but I noticed he didn't answer the point that Cameron (and Osborne) clearly stated voting Leave meant ending Single Market membership. Was that just a remain campaign lie?

He did answer that point. He said that some said that and other didn't. And he was right.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So why is Ken Clarke a special case and a massive cvnt?

personal opinion
im a big maggie fan......he was first to tell her she should resign......he passed the knife around but didnt touch it............coward and a cvnt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here