Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whining dog next door - advice please

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Insert 32 grams of lead in left ear of dog. Administer with 12 gauge double barrelled syringe.
Sorted.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If you suspect the dog is in distress - phone the RSPCA immediately - even if it turns out not to be, the RSPCA will be happy to attend.

Plan "B" - take some video [with sound] and stick it on a memory stick and post through letter box anonymously with a "from a caring neighbour" note
Often owners are unaware of their dog's behaviour when they leave the house.

I used to work for PDSA head office in Telford - saw and heard some horrific stories of animal cruelty.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Keep feeding it the odd treat with laxatives so that it craps everywhere. They will soon get rid of it.

My neighbors have 1 little dog with a high pitched yelp that wakes the kids up in the morning & a huge dog that barks anytime there's a knock at the door. The noise those dogs make is nothing compared to my 2 children in the garden

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Bloody cruel to leave a dog on it's own at home all day, if that's what's happening, IMO, no surprise it spends so much time whining. Bar asking your neighbours to let you look after it during the day I think you're stuffed :down:

I am assuming the dog is being left and not just whining all day even with company?
It whines a lot when there is someone in the house because they occasionally shout at it.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far - some were useful, nearly all made me laugh, some ticked both boxes.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Doesn't sound right to me. I'd speak to the RSPCA, even if they come and give them a bit of polite advice, that might just help.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
When we got back from holiday in mid August, our neighbours had got a puppy. It looks like some king of pedigree dog - dark grey short fur. Its occasionally allowed into the back garden but most of the time is at home whining its head off. I'm not too inclined to speak to the neighbours about it as we are having issues with them anyway and the dominant male of the household has a horrible temper, although the woman and her 3 children seem fine.
Any advice please? Is it normal for a dog to whine and yelp all the time? Should it be going out for walks?

Go get the dog and put it in your garden, see how the neighbour likes it !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here