Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1st Test Match - Bangladesh v England

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume the V sign means something different in Bangladesh, as every time they show the crowd they're flicking them ferociously

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And that's stumps for day 4. Overs left but Cook told he can't bowl pace due to light, so they've gone off.

Bangladesh 253/8 require 33 to win with 2 wickets left.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had we bowled the last 4 overs I think it would be all over now but who has the impetus when they start again?

Think Cook wants a few overs from fresh seamers first thing. Bangladesh lower order proved they don't like it in the first innings, and new ball is also due in a couple of overs. Good tactics from Cook I reckon.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Broad and Stokes 2 overs. Reverse swing and we won't need a new ball. Looking forward to 5am regardless of outcome.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been a cracking game of cricket whatever the outcome, games like this can only be good for the sport.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Broad and Stokes 2 overs. Reverse swing and we won't need a new ball. Looking forward to 5am regardless of outcome.

3.3 overs in total. Great shout [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

It's a shame that not one of the 3 spinners has enough control to be trusted in such a tight situation. I'm sure Swann would have bowled the first or second over. Lots of positives in the side though and a great match.
First time in 53 Test matches in Bangladesh that 40 wickets have been taken.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a shame that not one of the 3 spinners has enough control to be trusted in such a tight situation. I'm sure Swann would have bowled the first or second over. Lots of positives in the side though and a great match.
First time in 53 Test matches in Bangladesh that 40 wickets have been taken.

Saw an interesting comment about the last wicket - was given out LBW not playing a shot. Comment was along the lines of 'what kind of shot could a Bangladesh no11 play to a reverse-swinging 90mph delivery ?' :lol:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well done to Captain Cook for opting not to take the additional half-hour last night, then for backing his seamers this morning. Woakes and Stokes are managing to paper over the top order cracks, but for how much longer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here