Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not family stuff/bereavement, nor football, what's your most sh!t experience?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Me..?

When aged about 13, in the night, got chased by bulls, vaulted a fence... into an open cess pit...

Or much more recently, a friend asked me to stand in for a [non-arrived] Portuguese wine expert to give a talk about wines and foods that I knew nothing about...I died a thousand deaths

I'd take the cess-pit every time, come to think of it...

Urgh, gives me the shivers, thinking about it even

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At 22 being interviewed for my own job and not getting it. That was pretty shit I can tell you. It was a graduate job I had temped for a few years as the company had a recruitment ban. Ban lifted I applied for the permanent position and didn't get it.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
At 22 being interviewed for my own job and not getting it. That was pretty shit I can tell you. It was a graduate job I had temped for a few years as the company had a recruitment ban. Ban lifted I applied for the permanent position and didn't get it.

Twats, I hate that kind of corporate backsliding sh!t, hope you bounced back and put one up them HT.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Not me, so technically doesn't count, but...

A friend of a friend recently took his dogs for a walk. One ran off straight into / under a combine harvester. He had to walk round picking up bits of dog. I'm guessing that was a pretty sh!t experience.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
At 15, walking through a park and seeing my girlfriend, the love of my life, snogging a mate of mine, he had his hand up her skirt, fingering her.
That sort of caper can **** you up for life.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Twats, I hate that kind of corporate backsliding sh!t, hope you bounced back and put one up them HT.

:thumbsup:

They kept me on, as well as the new recruit, but I felt I couldn't stay. I left and went to work in another industry. I can't say I put one up them but Im happy the way things ultimately turned out. The job I didn't get was working for the CAA and incredibly interesting to me but it wasn't to be; I'm happy doing what I do now.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Being stung by three wasps, when I was a toddler.
Now I freak out at the slightest whiff of one near me. :wozza:

Reaching into a cupboard on a scout camp to get a jar of strawberry jam without knowing the little *******s had got there first and grabbing a fist full of them as well as the jam. To this day I still run a mile from the little f***ers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At 15, walking through a park and seeing my girlfriend, the love of my life, snogging a mate of mine, he had his hand up her skirt, fingering her.
That sort of caper can **** you up for life.

I'm looking forward to [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]s thread

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Taking some funky stuff at a dirt-club in Bundaberg Australia.
Temporarily paralyzed on the rank bog floor in a cubicle, with my face on the seat, but totally conscious.

Was able to move after about 2-3 hours.

That was pretty shit.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Not me, so technically doesn't count, but...

A friend of a friend recently took his dogs for a walk. One ran off straight into / under a combine harvester. He had to walk round picking up bits of dog. I'm guessing that was a pretty sh!t experience.

Ouch, not nice

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Around 10 odd years ago having been promised the annual promotion of which that grade included included car allowance I did not get it, they welshed on it and I was so fecking annoyed to the point where I very nearly resigned.

On a positive note a year later I got it and a huge pay rise so put around £600 net a month on my wages, it really did change my life style.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Paintballing in the pissing rain, cold November wind in a wood near Chepstow.

I'm sure we were booked in for 2 hours - but it felt like a lifetime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here