Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did your Mum and Dad used to take you on dubious holiday visits?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had to go to Pagham for around 10 odd years in a row, I feel traumatised whenever I visit there now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In fairness, I used to live with a girl from Weymouth, and whilst generally a happy friendly chuckle bunny, if she lost her temper she was a right *******....
Nice sandy beach I recall, however

Except in the mid-70s when it was covered in lugworms which, at the age five or six, scared the hell out of me. Dad carried me over to the waters edge.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Used to visit grandparents in Dover every summer. Can't tell you how many times we went round the old town gaol our the white cliffs experience.

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Why on gods green earth would you go there for a holiday !!!!

Must have been a visit relative thing...

I lived there for a while in the 70s and I've got stitches in my forehead to prove it...

Basingstoke really ?

Yes, really! Struggling to remember why... I vaguely remember stopping at a Travelodge type place for one, maybe two nights and visiting some 'places' (definitely not relatives) but it was clearly instantly forgettable :lol:

This would have been around the mid-90's; maybe something good was there then?!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why on gods green earth would you go there for a holiday !!!!

Must have been a visit relative thing...

I lived there for a while in the 70s and I've got stitches in my forehead to prove it...

Basingstoke really ?

Went for a weekend to Basingstoke, I kid you not! There's a indoor sky dive type place the kidds wanted to go to, so we did that and made a weekend of it. To give you an idea of what it was like we were back in Arundel by midday on the Sunday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here