Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not happy with Result tonight

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not being happy is a little OTT, the Am Drams are on show. I agree we need to kill teams off, but we won, three points, clean sheet, end of. I'm happy with the result, the last five mins however were a 'little' frustrating.

The only thing amateur is such complacency and acceptance when we should have won by a bigger margin. Ouch! The truth hurts eh?! :)

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
That's the way the Manager plays. If he doesn't get the 2 goal lead by 10 or 15 mins to go, he shuts up shop. Like it or lump it, that's what he does. It earned 89 points last year so people can knock it all they like but 90% of the time it is effective

More like 95% of the time

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've seen some ridiculous things on NSC in my time, but this one takes the cake. Oliver Norwood was the best player on the pitch tonight.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I thought Sidwell was better tbh and it was glaringly obvious that we needed an attacking midfielder.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You chose a very silly unrelated thread title then! I think I'm more a realist...

As for late goals, I said after Saturday's game we hadn't had a late, late one like that for a while. I can't remember too many last season & thought we saw a lot of games out well. Maybe Burnley home / Bolton away as late points thrown away off top of head (I'm sure there's more). But that's going to happen every season. If you're not happy with how this team plays and the stupidly small amount of games we've lost in the last 15 months, id say it's more your expectation levels being too high myself. All opinions of course...

But it got you to open and comment along with hundreds of others? Maybe I should have entitled "hey guys, wanna talk about the result tonight...?" as that always gets a good argument started doesn't it! :) Blame no one but yourself for joining the conversation, LBC style! And football is all about arguements masquerading as opinions...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
BBC match stats

Posession
Home 48% Away 52%

Shots
Home 9 Away 11

Shots on Target
Home 3 Away 4

Corners
Home 9 Away 10

Fouls
Home 14 Away 11

The stats suggest we were 2nd best (which we weren't)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The only thing amateur is such complacency and acceptance when we should have won by a bigger margin. Ouch! The truth hurts eh?! :)

Indeed, I best go to A&E that was seriously painful. I'm glad you started a thread being unhappy about a Brighton result, it's in keeping with a few on here, just wouldn't be the same without it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
School tomorrow for you so get yourself a hot water bottle and your favourite teddy ��
Nighty Night

As predictable a muttering from you as the traffic towards Albions goal with 15mins to go. 1/10 for originality, take a vacation please and get some fresh put downs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But it got you to open and comment along with hundreds of others? Maybe I should have entitled "hey guys, wanna talk about the result tonight...?" as that always gets a good argument started doesn't it! :) Blame no one but yourself for joining the conversation, LBC style! And football is all about arguements masquerading as opinions...

Jesus, this is North Stand Chat message board, not Facebook where people go in search of as many 'likes' as possible! Your thread title is inaccurate to the point you're trying to make. Looks like many others in here are 'commenting' against what you've oddly put too.. Just be grateful for the excellent result...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I couldn't agree more. Putting 5 in midfield is common sense. It won't work every time but no objection to trying to hang on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WTF? Have you seen how other teams win 1-0 without a 15min onslaught that frequently turns our box into an abattoir? We can win more comfortably, it can be done. I've seen it on the Tele many times!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It felt like a cup tie and we were playing someone like Man Utd and holding on for the last five to get that shock result. Considering we had them in our pockets for 90 mins., that last 5 were a bit heart in mouth.
Did we though? I was restricted to following the match on the BBC text commentary - and after comfortably being ahead on all the stats (possession, shots, corners, etc.) up until we scored, statistically we were second best from then on. True, I wasn't there, and stats aren't everything, but could we really be dominating s team that had more possession, more shots, more shots on target, more corners? OK, we committed more fouls, but................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well I am very happy with the result.

Win at Wigan and we are back on schedule for a win-at-home-draw-away 92 point finish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Happy with the result and I don't feel inclined to have a pop at the team, but Hughton took off Baldock and Knocky leaving 45 year old Glenn Murray and 10 defenders. The game was crying out for Manu.

Tony should sort Houghton out with some weed and hookers, he seems a little uptight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here