Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool - The city

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I love how some people portray grim, northern shithole with residents out to fleece absolutely anybody with a couple of cultural highlights thrown in as 'gritty, northern city with salt of the earth folk with a charming demeanour who always see the bright side, with a lashings of musical genius to boot'.

Hole, with natives loyal only to themselves, who see themselves as pioneers of all sorts of shit, but in reality are chancers trying to grab whatever they can, in anyway other than honest.

Apart from that, it is quite a nice place :smile:
Sorry but you're talking rubbish there mate , I've got mates up there and haver been treated anything less than fantastic and not just by the people I know either.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry but you're talking rubbish there mate , I've got mates up there and haver been treated anything less than fantastic and not just by the people I know either.

Hate the place with a vengeance, never met a good one yet, but maybe my prejudice is blinding me, and on this topic even I can see that! :lol:

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
Lived and worked in Liverpool the last 14 years. Lots of places worth a visit, museums etc (all mentioned previously, so no point in repeating), Cavern walks always seems full of Chinese tourists jousting with selfie sticks and Sunday night appears to be ladies night, worth going just for the different tones of spray tan on display.
If you go into town for a spot of shopping look out for the guy with the plastic guitar (vintage guitar hero) and child's plastic mic (minus batteries) always a few buskers there too and a pint in the Beehive is compulsory. :drink:
Food wise, I'd recommend a trip to Lark Lane, lot's of good restaurants there, you can travel the culinary world in a few paces and not overly expensive.
As said before, always something going on at the Albert Dock or Pier Head, I frequent the Brasco lounge myself, good beer and pretty quiet.
As for the people, on the whole I've found them very friendly, got it's idiots and loudmouths like anywhere else, but certainly no chips on each shoulder, you need to go to Manchester for that.
I like it here, lived in much worse places.
Hope this is useful.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You've obviously never lived up north.

What sort of answer is that?

I have never lived up North, I was born in Brighton and lived there for just over 30 years.
Brighton is my favourite city even though I still call it a town, but I've never heard anyone describe it as pretty.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What sort of answer is that?

I have never lived up North, I was born in Brighton and lived there for just over 30 years.
Brighton is my favourite city even though I still call it a town, but I've never heard anyone describe it as pretty.

Whilst I was living up north, I met many northern people who described Brighton as pretty.

Sometimes an outside perspective will be different to those who've never lived anywhere else.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For Northerners whose only experience of a seaside town has been Blackpool or Skelmersdale, Brighton is a great place. It's got its embarrassments too though, we all avoid West Street for example. Liverpool nightlife is fantastic, locals are friendly and the girls know how to dress to impress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lived and worked in Liverpool the last 14 years. Lots of places worth a visit, museums etc (all mentioned previously, so no point in repeating), Cavern walks always seems full of Chinese tourists jousting with selfie sticks and Sunday night appears to be ladies night, worth going just for the different tones of spray tan on display.
If you go into town for a spot of shopping look out for the guy with the plastic guitar (vintage guitar hero) and child's plastic mic (minus batteries) always a few buskers there too and a pint in the Beehive is compulsory. :drink:
Food wise, I'd recommend a trip to Lark Lane, lot's of good restaurants there, you can travel the culinary world in a few paces and not overly expensive.
As said before, always something going on at the Albert Dock or Pier Head, I frequent the Brasco lounge myself, good beer and pretty quiet.
As for the people, on the whole I've found them very friendly, got it's idiots and loudmouths like anywhere else, but certainly no chips on each shoulder, you need to go to Manchester for that.
I like it here, lived in much worse places.
Hope this is useful.
Lark lane, great call!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
For Northerners whose only experience of a seaside town has been Blackpool or Skelmersdale, Brighton is a great place. It's got its embarrassments too though, we all avoid West Street for example. Liverpool nightlife is fantastic, locals are friendly and the girls know how to dress to impress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F@ck me, the effects of global warming must have really kicked in since I lived in Liverpool if Skelmersdale is on the coast now.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here