Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Championship Attendances Yesterday

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I agree. I hope we are.

It's different for newly promoted clubs anyway. I was referring to the ones who are there year after year and the fear of relegation replaces the excitement of being there.

Out of interest which stand did you chose yesterday? The White Horse, The Holmesdale? Oh no, I forgot, you probably don't go unless your first term, Arsenal, visit Selhurst.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
To be honest, I'm ambivalent about promotion, I don't think we'll do it this season yet again, unless we have an attack minded manager, but , as always we're short in that department. If Warnock can sign three out of contract players in 24 hours, why don't we have a look ?
Maybe a new face in the dugout (Holloway ?) would make it happen. Would love to see him here pitting his wits against the 'new' managers in the division.

After Poogate? It'll NEVER happen. I could see Pards at Albion sometime inb the future but Ollie? Never.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wow! A few biggies yesterday. Ours 27,606. Newcastle pulled in around 52,000, Derby 31,000, Villa nearly 32,000 and Norwich 26,000+.

Amazing to think this is second tier football but probably the most exciting, unpredictable and entertaining fare on offer worldwide. Up yours Premier!

I think I'll have a lie down now. :yawn:

Record crowd at Huddersfield: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37599393

el punal

To be honest, I'm ambivalent about promotion, I don't think we'll do it this season yet again, unless we have an attack minded manager, but , as always we're short in that department. If Warnock can sign three out of contract players in 24 hours, why don't we have a look ?
Maybe a new face in the dugout (Holloway ?) would make it happen. Would love to see him here pitting his wits against the 'new' managers in the division.

Really? :shrug:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wow! A few biggies yesterday. Ours 27,606. Newcastle pulled in around 52,000, Derby 31,000, Villa nearly 32,000 and Norwich 26,000+.

Amazing to think this is second tier football but probably the most exciting, unpredictable and entertaining fare on offer worldwide. Up yours Premier!

I think I'll have a lie down now. :yawn:

Isn't it the fifth best-supported 'league' in Europe or something? Always think it's amazing given the attendances at this level, how little media attention the Champtionship gets. Barely covered in the broadsheets or their online sites. And on Friday night BBC Football website lead with Rangers v Inverness Cally, instead of the two Championship games.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

:wozza:

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
Out of interest which stand did you chose yesterday? The White Horse, The Holmesdale? Oh no, I forgot, you probably don't go unless your first term, Arsenal, visit Selhurst.

Carry on, if it makes you happy.

You are the one who is going to end up looking very silly for making a mistake & not having the guts to admit it.

Although I'm a new Seagulls fan, I'm certainly not new to forums which is why I wanted to join this one. And why I know better than to be driven away by forum bullies who have nothing better to do.

I think the intelligent ones here have already realised that I'm for real and a genuine supporter. As time goes on, it will become more apparent and you will look even sillier.

I came here to make friends and get to know other fans. Such a shame that you couldn't see that.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Isn't it the fifth best-supported 'league' in Europe or something? Always think it's amazing given the attendances at this level, how little media attention the Champtionship gets. Barely covered in the broadsheets or their online sites. And on Friday night BBC Football website lead with Rangers v Inverness Cally, instead of the two Championship games.

Completely agree, there are some great teams in the Championship and a lot of the fixtures are far more interesting than the EPL.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

You are the one who is going to end up looking very silly for making a mistake & not having the guts to admit it.

Although I'm a new Seagulls fan, I'm certainly not new to forums which is why I wanted to join this one. And why I know better than to be driven away by forum bullies who have nothing better to do.

I think the intelligent ones here have already realised that I'm for real and a genuine supporter. As time goes on, it will become more apparent and you will look even sillier.

I came here to make friends and get to know other fans. Such a shame that you couldn't see that.

No right minded Albion supporter names themselves "Feathers" what's your signature all about,i am open minded and have put you on the benefit of the doubt list..for now.....50 miles from Brighton too....hmmm

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Those figures are, of course, all pretendances. Does anyone really think there were 27,606 people at the Amex yesterday? Even Newcastle fans were ridiculing the 52,000-ish "attendance" claimed for their game against us. Plenty of gaps in those St James's Park stands. And likewise Ipswich supporters for the 15,228 reported when we played them. More like 12k, they said.

Granted, the Championship is attracting large numbers this season. But how come all clubs contunue to broadcast blatant lies (and deceive their sponsors and advertisers), with none prepared to answer the simple, obvious question: how big is today's crowd?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Those figures are, of course, all pretendances. Does anyone really think there were 27,606 people at the Amex yesterday? Even Newcastle fans were ridiculing the 52,000-ish "attendance" claimed for their game against us. Plenty of gaps in those St James's Park stands. And likewise Ipswich supporters for the 15,228 reported when we played them. More like 12k, they said.

Granted, the Championship is attracting large numbers this season. But how come all clubs contunue to broadcast blatant lies (and deceive their sponsors and advertisers), with none prepared to answer the simple, obvious question: how big is today's crowd?

After years and years of the crowds being under announced at the Goldstone (I have no proof of this other than sitting there in a crowd that looked like 15k only for them to announce 8k), we now have match after match of over announcing the crowd by about 4K.

Feathers

Banned
Oct 6, 2016
50 miles from Brighton
No right minded Albion supporter names themselves "Feathers" what's your signature all about,i am open minded and have put you on the benefit of the doubt list..for now.....50 miles from Brighton too....hmmm

That's good of you. Glad I'm not on your 'remove from the forum list!'

Seriously, what is wrong with the name 'Feathers'?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Some considerable way off the record at Leeds Road.
Steve.jpg

Look at this crowd also versus Sheffield Wednesday 50 years ago 1966....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That's good of you. Glad I'm not on your 'remove from the forum list!'

Seriously, what is wrong with the name 'Feathers'?

I don't have a remove/ignore list....all are welcome even Palace fans...

Nothing but it's unique....i am warming to it..

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

The inane content of your posting history screams 'Palace dimwit.' Run along back to the BBS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here