• Someone or something else

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What people are forgetting is that Bruno's awful bsckpass was caused by him flicking the ball rabona style into a striker when he was 35 yards from goal. Very poor from the skipper. Essentially two errors from Bruno (the flick and the awful backpass) and one from stockdale

That's how I saw it.
There is a time for fancy tricks and then wasn't one of them.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
An aerial hoofball backpass from here. Really?

BP.JPG

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
my wife like a good blame

Bruno and Stockdale need to keep doing what they are doing - they are class

I had, quite literally, just seconds before Bruno attempted that pass been waxing lyrical about his class and ability.

Therefore the blame sits firmly with me.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If the Keeper makes a mistake the buck stops with him

If the defender makes a mistake and the keeper cannot do anything to recover form the defenders mistake then the buck stops with the defender.

If the midfielder makes a mistake and neither the defender nor the keeper can recover from the midfielders mistake then the buck stops with the midfielder

If the forward makes a mistake and neither the midfielder nor the defender nor the keeper can recover from the forwards mistake then the buck stops with the forward.

Well that's my take on it anyway, so given that the defender made the mistake but the keeper could conceivably have recovered from the defenders mistake, had he not made his own mistake then by the reckoning above, the keeper is at fault.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale should have done better, Bruno shouldn't have 'passed' it back like that. However Bruno doesn't often make mistakes and his passing is normally spot on. It was pressure from Preston that led to the goal IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the Keeper makes a mistake the buck stops with him

If the defender makes a mistake and the keeper cannot do anything to recover form the defenders mistake then the buck stops with the defender.

If the midfielder makes a mistake and neither the defender nor the keeper can recover from the midfielders mistake then the buck stops with the midfielder

If the forward makes a mistake and neither the midfielder nor the defender nor the keeper can recover from the forwards mistake then the buck stops with the forward.

Well that's my take on it anyway, so given that the defender made the mistake but the keeper could conceivably have recovered from the defenders mistake, had he not made his own mistake then by the reckoning above, the keeper is at fault.

Very true but do you have a view on apportioning blame perhaps to Murphy or CH for the 2nd?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Very true but do you have a view on apportioning blame perhaps to Murphy or CH for the 2nd?

BG - I wasn't at match so only seen clip of the goal so I didn't see Murphy's part in the 2nd goal; however taking my synopsis from the previous post see below. The point in bold should absolve him of any blame

On top of this I am always going to fight Jamie's corner if I can but I might ask CH what part he may or may not have played in it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having just watched the highlights, and the first goal numerous times, I'm of the opinion that Bruno's pass was a bit dodgy but it was received by Stockdale at least 10 yards from any opponent...there was no pressure at this point. What put Stockdale under pressure was his woeful first touch and/or indecision. Stockdale only has himself to blame.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG - I wasn't at match so only seen clip of the goal so I didn't see Murphy's part in the 2nd goal; however taking my synopsis from the previous post see below. The point in bold should absolve him of any blame

On top of this I am always going to fight Jamie's corner if I can but I might ask CH what part he may or may not have played in it

I think like most had you been at the game you would have concluded that we lost the advantage when Sam Baldock was taken off and Glenn Murray had nobody to play the ball to when it was pumped up to him hence, the PNE defenders had the time and opportunity to push forward and set the strikers up. Until SB went off they were penned back near their penalty box but once he left they had freedom and GM lost his effectiveness.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think like most had you been at the game you would have concluded that we lost the advantage when Sam Baldock was taken off and Glenn Murray had nobody to play the ball to when it was pumped up to him

Fair comment. It's frustrating that CH thinks the only way to close a game out is to take a striker off and put a midfielder on and sit back.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wasn't there and I haven't seen the highlights - so I voted Stockdale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here