• Both Bruno and Stockdale equally

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Someone or something else

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What people are forgetting is that Bruno's awful bsckpass was caused by him flicking the ball rabona style into a striker when he was 35 yards from goal. Very poor from the skipper. Essentially two errors from Bruno (the flick and the awful backpass) and one from stockdale

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
What people are forgetting is that Bruno's awful bsckpass was caused by him flicking the ball rabona style into a striker when he was 35 yards from goal. Very poor from the skipper. Essentially two errors from Bruno (the flick and the awful backpass) and one from stockdale

This is true....

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Their keeper picked one up that was a result of a 50/50 and arguably could have been a back pass if off their toe but wasn't given. In Stockers shoes I'd have caught it and put 11 on the line if they'd got the free kick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As mentioned above, the backpass was the second of two back to back errors by Bruno. As he hit the pass Stockdale's first concern was getting to the ball before the advancing striker. He managed this and got to the ball first with his chest, but mis-controlled it into the path of the second striker.

90% Bruno 10% Stockdale

Now forget it and get on with Tuesday

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bruno should have put the ball into row Z he did redeem himself with the assist for our first

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That said it was a monumentally bad back pass. Good job I can't vote on tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Guardiola for telling goalkeepers that they have to play like sweepers. It was terrible pass by Bruno but Stockdale had 3 choices and chose the wrong one he should either have cleared it with a kick but if unable to do that he should have caught it and given away an inmdirect free kick for a back pass which incidentally would have been taken where the ball was kicked from not where the keeper collects it. So it would have been an indirect kick between the half way line and penalty box.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I would say it was double Bruno's fault as he was lucky to get away with the stupid back heel down the line in the first place that was intercepted. He got lucky in that the ball came back to him, but I do not think anyone in the stadium expected him to try and volley a ball back to Stockdale from there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In order of fault-
The Palace bus driver.
Mike Dean
Joey Barton
Gus Poyet
Archer, Stanley and Bellotti
And, maybe Bruno,a tiny bit

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Guardiola for telling goalkeepers that they have to play like sweepers. It was terrible pass by Bruno but Stockdale had 3 choices and chose the wrong one he should either have cleared it with a kick but if unable to do that he should have caught it and given away an inmdirect free kick for a back pass which incidentally would have been taken where the ball was kicked from not where the keeper collects it. So it would have been an indirect kick between the half way line and penalty box.

Jesus wept.

Google FIFA Law 12. Then Google "number of trophies won by Pep Guardiola". Then go and stand in the corner with a dunces hat on.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Impossible to separate them. Terrible and unnecessary back pass from Bruno, inviting trouble, and Stockdale had many other things he could still have done other than the one he chose - chest it straight to the striker. 50-50.

Dire goal to concede after 10 mins, the whole game plan goes down the U-bend and it pretty much ensures you are never comfortable even if you turn it around, leading to the possibility of a late equaliser. Which was another desperate goal to concede, one ball lumped into the box that has to be dealt with.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jesus wept.

Google FIFA Law 12. Then Google "number of trophies won by Pep Guardiola". Then go and stand in the corner with a dunces hat on.

I have done as you suggested and it seems that the only point that I am wrong on is where the kick would have been taken from as from that it appears it says where the offence occurred so presumably where Stockdale would have caught it but still only an indirect freee kick. not a goal as happened. It is interesting to note that PNE keeper did that and never got penalised.

As regards Guardiola it is immaterial how many trophies he has won but because he says it every keeper is now expected to be able to do it and obviously they cant all manage it so the old maxim comes in, if in doubt kick it out.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Not a good backpass from Bruno but having watched the highlights, Stockdale had a poor first touch and should have headed it out .... Split second decision to make though ..and he made the wrong one.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The team had no shape to it during the first 20/30 minutes. Bruno's ridiculous back pass was a result of having no other options. Stockdales poor control and silly decision making was probably due to poor communication between him and his defence.

Personally, I think it was a team error.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think Duffy could have done more. He seemed to be watching the whole thing unfold in slow motion without doing anything to stop it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Their keeper picked one up that was a result of a 50/50 and arguably could have been a back pass if off their toe but wasn't given. In Stockers shoes I'd have caught it and put 11 on the line if they'd got the free kick

Yes, we shouted to the East linesman, that Preston had played a backpass which Maxwell picked up.

We were also denied a penalty from a blatant handball in the second half.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I have done as you suggested and it seems that the only point that I am wrong on is where the kick would have been taken from as from that it appears it says where the offence occurred so presumably where Stockdale would have caught it but still only an indirect freee kick. not a goal as happened. It is interesting to note that PNE keeper did that and never got penalised.

As regards Guardiola it is immaterial how many trophies he has won but because he says it every keeper is now expected to be able to do it and obviously they cant all manage it so the old maxim comes in, if in doubt kick it out.

You called Guardiola "an idiot" on another thread.

I coach under 10s and we have just spent almost a year undoing the damage of a previous coach telling young players "if in doubt kick it out" when youngsters never know if they are in doubt or not.

And you got the back pass rule wrong. The free kick would have been in the box and that is always the risk, or you'd see back passes all the time. However, I do agree with you that catching it would have been a better option than what he did, but then I said that in a post about two before yours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here